Chapter 11

"wa...wa..ter..." I am thirsty, very thirsty. "pleaseee...water..." I asked once more.

My whole body craves water, as if I'm been derived with water my whole life, and extreme pain of burning can be felt within my own body as if I've been burnt alive.

"pleassee...Water!!!" I shouted..." It....hot...hot...!!"

I can hear a few clanking materials within the room, I don't understand, I want to know...I want this pain gone....

And I can see...

" nicaa..." I said before I painted.

.......

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a white clean surrounding.

Still light-headed, I just keep staring at the white ceiling, feeling nothing but tried to remember something.

"you are awake." A voice suddenly said.

Turning my head, I saw a man in a white uniform standing at the end of the bed scribing something on his board.

"what's your name..." he asked while coming nearer to me and taking a chair to sit . "how old are you?" he continued not waiting for any answers from me.

I turn back to the ceiling and tried to remember.

But everything is like a fragment of a shattered puzzle floating inside my head.

"your name is joy..." the man answered while resting his back on the chair and crossing his leg, giving me a mysterious aura.

I turn to him, looking at him with a blank emotion.

"joy...?" I slowly whispered, trying to remember the familiar but unfamiliar name and the man lift his head and look at me directly in the eyes.

The eyes were dark and beautiful.... very beautiful... I was lost in those beautiful eyes.

And Suddenly something clicks....

And my head hurt but I cannot open my mouth to scream...only tears while still looking deeply at the man's eyes.

"sleep..." he said while injecting something in me.

.......

"There is nothing left here for us to save on the trip..." Jim comes out disappointed from the shop empty handed.

"We must get fuels from the cars around here..." he answered while looking at the car surrounding the stations. "Two or three cars can fill up this journey." He seriously said while scanning a car to start.

Without wasting more time, they started to find a hose to use in sucking the fuels from the chosen cars; two or three cars did not bring them with the expected result. Fuels seem to drains from the entire vehicle.

"We need to hurry..." code suddenly said. "It's almost night." staring at the sun and his watch.

"Done...let's go." Jim answered.

"Wait...down." Code said.

Two shadows are approaching their area.

"They are not the infected..." Jim said.

"But still not a friend." Code answered looking at him seriously. "They are the Borders."

Jim turned serious when he heard the name.

The Borders is another group of immune individuals with opposite principle from us the Vial.

They are cruel.

Vial protect and keep humanity safe; we never stop on finding solution and cure while borders capture both the cleaned and the infected as an experiment, human slaves or entertainment.

One of their great achievement is the creation of the implant Chip used in controlling brain which can be used in both human and infected.

Their main goal is building a new world where they can control and rule.

Their location's is still unknown, story from survivors only narrate a vast dark place.

"Joy?..." Code, while watching the two borders walking around freely scanning each car.

"we need to go fast...I can't reach joy in this area." Jim said worriedly "where is your silencer? Just shot them." He whispered.

"I can't" Code said. "we need to distract them or stay here until they're gone."

"I choose the first..." Jim answered and shot one of the borders in the head.

"F***." Code

"We can't wait." Jim continued seriously. "Joy maybe in danger. What more Cassy and the van." While continue to exchange shot with the other surviving borders.

"Have you been taught? Borders are monitored..." Code answered angrily while scanning the surrounding.

Jim blankly stared at code "I forgot..." scratching his head, suddenly a bullet skips nearly to code face, almost cost his life.

"Stupid." Code said and shot the borders, hitting him in the head.

It was discovered that the chip when planted in the human mind can replaced the primary function of the brain, the chip was also the reason why they collected the infected, when you have more people to controlled it's mean you are more powerful than the others and power is one of the Borders goals,

The human or infected inserted with this special chip will eventually become a puppet controlled by its owner.

The owner can be non-chip or chip.

The Guild is a non-chip owner who possess a sum of power to have both leaders and an army of human puppet and infected.

Leaders are a Chip owner, who consist of minimal power in their society, and lead this army of human puppet and infected for the Guild, disobeying and revolting on them mean death.

A regular chip human or infected serve as the hunting dog for his owner, they possess no emotion or own thought. They only rely on the owner instruction as their life.

Chip was also use to monitored every action and movement of the borders, when it blanks out in the main monitor or the leading owner (leader) phone screen, it's mean they are dead.

The only side effect of the chip it can't stay long on the human brain and need to be regularly replaced or anyone using it may die of brain damage.

But instead replacing it, the borders kills them.

Whoever created the chip, have the borders at an advantage and their cruelty to expand.

"Let's go..." Jim said not wanting to waste more time. "before the other border will arrived."

"wait." code said and went to the border corpse and once more shot it in the head and rummaging through their body to find something. "we need this." Showing a small screen like monitor.

Then both men ran hurriedly in the shadow of the rundown house and broken car, hiding from two enemies, the Infected and the border.

-------------------------------------

So a rehanged the story line a little bit and i hope you enjoy the readings.