Chapter 3

"Hello mom?" static noise at the end. "Mom? Are you there??..."

Silent

"Mom??? Hello...Mom..?" I started to get worried; regularly I got a called from them , all this call and video call is our way of communication and family reconnection. It always been a routines when I start working in the city but today I can feel it's different. The call are static and mom are always out from the line which is weird and worrying. "Mom...is there anything wrong there.."

"Joy..." then it turns to a video call with Tina face.

"Tina? Where's mom?"

"Joy...hel.." the video turn static and showing a dark silhouette of people running and chasing.

"Tina!!!!" I shout panicking " Tina...are you there..?" I've become too scared that I was crying in the hall, mixed with emotion of fear with the expected reality.

"Tina! Tina!" I was shouting at the pedia hall, trembling and panicking, keeping and waiting for my phone to be connected again.

"Nurse Joy?" Dr. Jim suddenly holds me steadily. "Calm down...calm down..." Facing me to him. " look at me ? Look at me okay?"

"Jims...mommy...tina..." answering him with a crack voice " I'm scared...I'm scared.." I was trembling terribly with the upcoming truth.

And my phone start ringing again with a video call from Tina number, " Tina?.. tina?." But it's visualize a black color screen " Tina?" silent and still dark, " Tina ? are you there?"

"Baby ?"

"Mom?"

"Baby, I love you...We love you..."

"No..no..no...keep on the phone...I'll contact some help okay?" I said while franticly running out to the Protector Building.

"It's okay honey... It's okay... "reassuringly she speak out to me. "I've live midway enough to see the three of you grow and even see my grandchild..." she continued while laughing lowly in the dark screen.

"no mom...Wait there..I'm coming..." I cried hard.

"No baby...I'm sorry..." then a buzz of light enter through the room, showing a disarray room with my bleeding mom and a group of infected dragging her out.

"I love you..." she said while blowing a kiss and the phone turn dark.

"MOMMMM!!!" I shout and blank out.

.....

"How is she?"

"Is she okay?"

"Is she alright?"

"Cassy..she's..."

"Cassy?" crackly I called for her, trying to reach her with my hand and blurry slowly I tried to open my eyes.

"joy..oh my..joy.." Cassy my bestfriend hurriedly ran to me and tightly hug me. " Oh God...Oh God.. I'm worried..." She continued.

"You wake up." Dr. Jim shrugged. "She's good then..."

Cassy shot him a laser eyes.

I frantically started to shout "cassy my mom?my family?my sister?.my mom?" I cried asking her again and again.

"shhh...hush bessy..hush" she calmly talk at me.

"no..no..no my mom..." I grip at her cloth tenaciously. "we must save her..." I pleadingly asked.

"She's dead." Jim.

"Jim!" Cassy scold.

"She need to accept it." He straightforwardly said "look joy...You know she's dead. You saw her yourself so stop denying it." He continued.

"No...She's not!" I strongly denied and broke up. "No she's not...no she's not..." I cried hard trembling with agony. "Mommy...mommy...mommy..." I wail like a child.

I wish it was a lie, a lie...

"Cried it out bessy... I'll be here... we understand" cassy comforting me.

Then something comes into my mind, remembering something.

"Tina? How about tina?"

"Tina?" cassy.

"My sister? I don't see her? I don't see her with mom?she's not dead.Where's my phone..where's my phone..." I wildly asked searching for my phone. "cassy my phone? Where is it? Where is it?" I hysterically look at her.

"Okay...calm down..we will find it."

"here." Jim giving the phone.

"Tina..." I trembled holding the phone calling my sister name. "Is it charge? Did it ring? Did I got any called?" Asking, hoping.

"Joy..." cassy answer while looking at Jim.

"The matter-of-fact...." Jim. "You're phone is fully charge and no called in the 30 minutes you black out."

"...and I got a report that the area where your family live..." she stop.

"WHAT???" I shrieked.

"...it's full of the infected."

I spaced out.

"The unfinished wall near your area collapsed and got one the builder infected when he fall down to the red zone, And no one report the incident until now."

I broke down and cried crazily.

"my family...my family..." I wailed loudly.

"Cassy."

I was in deep agony, I know this day will possibly happen but nothing can prepare me for the pain it cost. It sip down to the root of my bone and fell me into hysterical paroxysm.

"Jim!!!" Cassy shriek.

"step aside cassy." Dr.Jim replacing her in the bed and try to hold the hysterical me "Okay now joy...breathe...slowly breath and relax..." but I turned deaf, nothing functioning well in my mind. The pain coordinating through my whole body with image of my mom been drag out by the infected again and again inserting my dead sister figure...it's just go cycle through cycle in my head.

"JIM!!!" cassy suddenly shout and I feel an uncomfortable pain on my left cheeks. "Is that even allowed??"

"Did you just slap me? Waking me up from those horrendous images.

"it work..." Dr.Jim shrugged

"And is it allowed in your profession?" cassy scold.

"In certain circumstance...but it's a friendship slap."

"Yeah right ...In your gown?" she continued while harshly pull him out from the bed. "Are you okay bessy...?" looking at my left cheek. "do it hurt...sorry..." suddenly hugging me and i cried again.

"Girls..."

"shut up jim!" cassy shout.

"no..no.."

"what?" cassy asked turning to him.

"The phone.!"

"What Phone????"cassy scold.

"My phone..." I immediately took it where I drop it " It's ringing!" I continued hoping "its mom number? She's not dead?" I said while looking at them hoping and immediately touch the answer button, "Mom?"

"aunt joy..." face of a scared girl in a low light show in the screen.

"Nica?"