Chapter 14

"is this right road jim ha..." cassie scoldly ask jim, feeling irritated.

Her eyes was still red from crying.

She was annoyed, furious and sad at the same time, she want to stay, to wait for her, hoping she be back but as the phone code take from the borders started to blink, they know staying will not assured their safety so unwillingly the have to hit the road.

"it's the right road cassie..." code answered.

Joy was her bestfriend, not only literally best friend but their bond was like a sister.

They were like a sister from a different mother, seeing her sad when she receive the bad news was also heartbreaking to her.

She really don't want her to go out, she was thinking to go out herself with Jim, after knowing Jim task this month. She'll save nice for her but she was too late but not too late.

While preparing for things folr the outside, there is this insticnt that keep pokking on her heart about joy and following that guts, she went to visit her in her hospital rooms later that night but she's gone.

She panic but tried to calm herself because she know this will endangered her friends too.

Luckily, while searching for joy in the vicinity, she bump to mommy celia.

Knowing their relatonship and a bit worried for joy, mommy celia tell her about the last whereabout of joy, and instantly, I went to Jims quarter and drag him out.

I know where cassy is and I'm not wrong.

But the original plan have shifted differently, now I have to bring her together with a mysterious guy, turning to code.

"why do you know this place?" I asked him suspicuously."you seem to know everything..."

Code stay silent while analizing the borders phone and keep looking on the tab he have been bringing from the mountain city.

"what are you doing? you look suspicious. You seems to know everything than us..who are you?" I blurted shifting the blame on code.

" and you stupid pig how dare you leave her alone..." turning to Jim angrily with a red eyes, while tears still pouring down.

"cassie..." Jim turn serious. "We have no choice but to get back to the van and you know that too."squeezing her shoulder and sitting beside her.

"The only choice we now is to save her only remaining family." Looking at the road " Her niece..your bestfriend niece and will be your family." Turning to him once more.

And then lead cassie to cried more while still driving.

"Stop there and let me drive." He order but as they stop, Code suddenly opn the door and hop out.

"lady..." code look at him angrily."if you want to die..die alone." Looking at her sharply through the rear mirror which cassie return with an angry glared.

"Jim and Cassie , look at each other panicly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I apologize for my brother." Luna said,shoving me to the wardrobe and hand me a cloth."Change first while I go take your breakfast."

"Breakfast?" comprehending her word.

"later, we talk later..." and she's gone.

I was left speechless as I work throught the wardrobe, can this still be consider a wardrobe?

If it was back in the Mountain, this wardrobe can occupied 3 staff shared room, which consists 2 double bunk bed – reimagine my shared room with cassey where she have the love of sleeping up the bunk with her cute bunny bed and twinkling light falling through the pole of my bed.

How I miss her and she must be worried, thinking of that girl who may look strong but soft.

"she maybe crying out now..." I smiled sadly while trying to zip my dress but suddenly a hand help me with the zip and I turn around shocks.

And the strange man earlier or Luke was behind me, smilling seductively.

"Thinking of me?."

"what are you...what are you doing here?.." I stutered, he is such a tempatations.

"Brother!!!" Luna suddenly shouts."stop teasing her..now out!" luna order and the man scratch her hair and I can't help to feel those attractions.

"sorry little sis..i thought both of you are out.i've knocking but no one answer so I just come in." he explain.'by the way this is still my room." He shrugged and take the scarf and hat hangging beside me and walk out before giving me a wink.

"bye virgin."

And I'm red with irritations.

"shut up!." I scold and he just laugh it out and disapear.

"don't mind him." Her sister calm me and lead me to the food. The looks was appetizing, I don't know how long I sleep that I feel so hungry.

"so to start, you been sleeping for 6 hours." Luna talk while sitting beside me.

Confusedly I look at her with my mouth full.

"yes only 6 hours but maybe the effect of the medicine that we gave cause this fatique on you." She seriously continue.

"Medicine?." I suddenlly stop "what medicine?." But continued eating.

"We found you on the outskirt of the forest, near my brother scout area, you're cover with blood while hugging this bag full of guns." She stop and suspicously look at me while I continued eating,I'll explain after this – in my thoughts – I'm literally hungry.

"my brother hesitate to help you because our priorities will only be savings our own."

"That's how we survive, but he see something on you that led you here with us or in other term, we need something on you." She stops midway before continuing. "We give you a medicine..." stand and walk to the window, looking at the scenery outside and turn to me with a serious voice and stern face.

"a medicine that can be both a resistant to the virus and chip created by the borders." She stop for her next word, " an experimental medicine that only few can survive."

I stop.

Clutch the chair so hard that I can feel my nails breaking.

I suddenly feel a sudden burning inside and my sights become blurry, my head hurting like a thousand bolt was passing throught it.

It was painful.

"you are convulsing. This happen because the vaccines you take from the mountian is fighting our medicine out." Luna come and help me out.

"why me?.." I cried while gripping her arms tightly. " because it's the only way." She seriously answered. "I have no oth..othe..her time..i need to save someone..." I cried while trying to stand but failed.

"we will talk after your better and this will not happen in a clicks..." she siad.

"but I don't have time..." I weakly said and black out.