Chapter 8

Tree by tree we pass through down, it's beautiful.

The Green color of the surrounding is calming and peaceful.

The cold breeze of the morning dew is refreshing and relaxing.

But as we pass the safety protocol of the tunnel and go out from the protections of the mountain, rain pour down from the sky engulfing us with the reality of the city from the refuge we get from the mountain.

"We approximately have 4 days to be out from the mountain or a week late to be back." Jim said.

Through the wide bridge connecting the mountain and the big city, I can't help to adore the strength of the protector and medical team who is trying their best to protect that area from the infected.

This is the first stage of protections for the mountain city people at the west side.

"My assignment schedule for this month will only cover this amount of days or else we all need to find another safe haven to survive." He tensely continued.

Above from the mountain it's look like a vast canvas of sleeping city but here far from the bridge with the dark cloud and pouring rain visualize a dangerous, frightening and deadly City..

"I've should never agree to this..." he murmur in small voice.

Dr.Jim is supposed to be one of the medical team head assigned for a survivors stake out or medical supplies transaction of the west port, another small safe haven spots bunks with a lot of container as a barriers.

But he never enthusiastically accepts any assignment and keeps declining any of it.

"Dahhh...once a month baby you need to have an adventure." Cassy answered his small complained while seriously looking outside.

Being a carefree person in the mountain and whole family connected in each department in the society, Dr. Jim love to stay inside to date girls and enjoy the benefits of being on the professional community thus only accept assignment outside when he like too.

Which is a good turnover, it can show less suspicion on our journey, the day when Nica call, he actually receive an assignment for medical transactions and with the persuasion power of cassy lead us to this journey.

"We will first go to City D Joy to save Nica..." Jim voice the plan. " Then we will pass through the West port for the medical transactions and head home."

Cassy point a plan after Jim takes the mission.

"No more stupid actions Joy. We do this together." cassy reminding me.

Both never expects me to jump on some dumb actions last night, luckily Momma Celia who has a strong instinct of doubt, take a detour to the medical storage that night and put the Rosary at my hand which turns to be a tracking device and send the database to cassy phone.

Me stupidly have no concrete plan will actually have failed.

The three o'clock is the only designated time for every entry and exit of any vehicle from the main city down to the mountain twice months, if you failed to exit on time, new team will take the lead or no team will go out until the next mission.

"It's good when it's rain..." cassy continued, turning our attention to her. " When I was outside..." she slows down.

I worriedly turn at her, I believe the wound is still not fully healed even if how strong she tried to look out for me in this situations.

I've known cassy since high school, she was one of the many person saved from the survivors stake out two years ago, she have to stay and cleaned at Level D for a year and then applied for a protector trainee.

"The infected ran..." Cassy said trying to shield her morbid past. "When it's rain..."

Cassy is a new level protector on training, with her connection with Jim, She easily acquire the team member position on the outside mission.

All her family never survived, her little brother who was also brought together with her, die at level D.

Our reunion was heart wrecking, we are the only closed person to each other in that mountain that's why everything we do is actually together and should be together but I forgot those things when it concern Nica.

I forgot, I'm not the only one with a deep wound, everyone of us here have a secret wound we tried to healed.

This will be my first time to go out from the city.

I'm just hoping that we all not be dying.