Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

"Relax..." a calming masculine voice whisper near my ear. "I'm not going to hurt you." While securely hugging me flat through the wall, and strongly cover my mouth with his palm. "More noise and they'll find us...worse they'll throw us to level E." his bright brown eyes looking intensely to me in the darkness.

Level E?

Tremor of horror flow through me.

"Okay relax...that will not happen as long as you coordinate..." he whispered." So don't move and keep silent."

More than two footsteps pass through us, scattering light through the alley.

Fear of been caught is still imprinted in me but the small place hide us well from their thorough eyes.

Trying to get a glimpse of my chaser, I dare to lift my eyes up this man shoulder.

Cover with their dark modern suits emblems in silver lines. It's the Noble Knight?

They are the second highest rank of the protector level. It's heard that this knight is assigned for the safety of Level A.

But why are they here? In this tunnel?

"Okay... We are safe..." the man suddenly released me from his embrace as the Noble Knight vanishes following the gushing water fall down.

"Are we truly safe...?" I whispered with fear.

"Yeah..." a sudden flash of light focused on my direction. "They'll surely are gone...flow through the water..." he continued..." searching for what they are searching..."

"Enough with the light??" I said as it hurts my eyes for sudden moments.

"What brings a girl down here?" The man suddenly asked, standing a few apart from me.

"Mind your own business..." I said and continued my searched hurriedly, afraid of the knight to come back. "And thank you..." I turn to him in the darkness and tried to run.

But again, his hand catch my wrists, stop me from my pace.

"Are you going outside?" he asked.

I turn back to him and there I saw him in the uniform of the chaser.

"...a noble knight..." I trembled.

"Bring me too..." he continued.

"...i...i..." loss of word, this maybe a trap.

"no it's not a trap..." as if reading my thoughts. " I need to go out ..."

"but..."

"Let's hurry..." he drags me forward behind the wall, near the place where we been hiding, to a small pathway of air that needed to be crawled. "Go first...at the end of this pathway is an open alley, I believe that lead to the protector building." He answered.

I doubt for a second.

"We have no more time here, if the three o'clock morning strikes...making way out will be impossible." He seriously told. "And I'm not a noble knight... I stole this uniform." He admits.

Increasing my doubt.

"Just please crawled... there is someone I need to save..." he seriously said.

Remembering my niece, I decided to crawl forward; at least I need to have some hope.

I crawled until I arrive to the edge of the pathway while he followed me from behind, at the end of the hole, as he said is an open alley. Scanning around, I crawled out and slowly stand behind the wall as security.

But the man carelessly walks straight out.

Holding him back, "hei..." I whispered.

"Don't worried..." at this time. "they'll too busy to even notice us here...'

Confused with his word, I still tried to take my courage and walked in a careful notion, searching a sign for the protector building drainage opening.

Scanning around, I found two drainage doors, one behind me and the other one above me, this is a tricky one.

I remember cassy once said that their entertainment lounge area is also connected to a drainage tunnel door, if I remember well; the entertainments lounge is like a pub bar for the protector to enjoy their tiredying days.

If I accidently open that one, then I'll be never be able to go out from here, worse been thrown to level E for stealing protective gear and medical supplies from the hospital.

"Do you know what to open?" the man asked.

I look at him doubtfully. "It's my first time and I'm afraid if we open the wrong one, we will be welcome with a lot of protector guard."

The man hit the wall hard in his frustration; it shocked me out of hell. His wrist stains with blood resulting from the hard contact.

"We still need to try to choose..." he said, trying to investigate each tunnel door. Leaning over it trying to get any noise from the other sides of the door behind me while me trying to notice anything from the door above.

"Someone is opening this door..." I panic as I heard an opening noise above me "hurry you need to open the...that door..." I frantically said to him without more thoughts and jump down without hesitation, trying to help me out.

We tried to pull it around as hard we can.

" ..Hopely this door is the way..." I said hopingly.

He turn to me for a while, sending me a small smiled. "Hopely..."

And then we both pull the door handle harder and then it move slowly...

But it's too late the door above open and someone jump down.

"STOP!!!"

A person silhouette stand in front of me never crashed my hope in opening the door.

"harder..." I command to the man, as the handle slowly trying to loosen up, a ray of hope warm me of the impossible..." wait for me baby..." in the thought of my niece.

However, everything crashed down once more as the person throw himself to us in a dash.