Chapter 15

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou

The road widen and then it turn narrow again. Once more I'm sitting inside a van with the sun settings down from the wests, after a long arguments with my saviors and agreed to their conditions, here I 'am on the journey to save my niece.

"As we pass through this intersections we will arrive to city D." Luke said from the front rear. " but since the area are recently attack and bricks are falling from the constructions. We need to walk through the mouse road." He continued.

I wish not to talk and just wish we are there already.

I look gloomily at the settings sun.

I wasted too much time, have I've not talk my team to take the guns, I will never be in this predicaments.

We will arrive on time.

It will be too late but I hope I'm wrong.

"don't think its not too late." He said while driving," we will save her."

I blankly ignore his assurance but I'm hoping, I'm not too late and my friends we're already there to save her and they all are safe.

"Get ready." The van start to slow down. "we are nearing our destinations."

I fix my combat suit given by Luna and rechecking my supply bag for emergency first aid supply and extra ammunitions with a small crackers and bottle water.

Best to be prepared.

Just luckily, my body adapt to the immunization given by the experimental medicine created by Luna, it didn't not take me long to wake up and feel a lot different from my previous self.

In my gut, the vaccines was a success and I believe the infected will not easily resulted to my death except if bullet pass through my heart.

"hop out.." Luke said. " we need to go now." Opening the van door.

I walk out from the van, feeling the air in my neck skin, chilly.

How many years have it been to feel this way.

Through the epidemic, we are all required to wear our protective gear, whenever going down from the mountain or steeping out from the glass protections of the mountain city.

The air may be polluted with unseen air borne viruses but it can't affect me now. I feel like I'm gifted with a super power.

In my heart I feel amazing with Luna breakthrough.

And looking ahead, I see my childhood city and the falling wall beside its.

Nica...

"Here..." Luke fix my hair into a clean bun unnoticeable by me. " How this world will be better, if you stay safe too..." He said and smiled while looking forward to the once beautiful & peaceful city.

" Your body may saves a lot of people..." while set a black cap on my head. " and even saves your nieces." He continued and lead the path to my hometown.

Taking a deep breath, I followed him behind.

For now my chance of surviving is trusting him.

And trusting myself.

-------------

I've marked the story complete in order for me to recheck and fix the grammatical error on the story for better reading.

I will post the part 2 of the story soon too...