Chapter 7

"After the blackness of night, Earth's star rises on the horizon, spreading her gold in every direction. She comes in the way that natural forces do, needing not invitation yet feeling her welcome. The light is her gift, bold and free, for anyone who cares to open their eyes in the dawn and watch the world awake."

The first yellow ray of light peep through the windows, waking me up from the painful nightmare I will never forget. I stretched my hand and slides open the windows, as a cold morning winds welcome me with a peaceful blew comforting me from my misery.

The sun has risen, bringing me new hope.

But the dense cloud surrounding it deliver adverse means for the hope that just stirring from within me...

Obstacle

Trouble

Death

Pain

It will rain.

"We will be out from the tunnel soon." Jim informed from the wheels. "Better closed that window..." he warned. "I just don't believe I'm into this..." he complained.

"You already here...stop complaining." Cassy sneered.

I'm grateful.

That I'll be out soon to save the only living family I have.

"Thank you cassy..." I said while hugging her.

As the tunnel door nearly open, cassy jump toward us preventing us on opening the door that lead to the entertainment lounge.

It takes me by surprised when I saw her there at that very moment.

"You fool..." her word to me after the crash. "why try to save nica your own???" she scold while pulling me up, " and heck with a stranger..." she continued. "Gosh...a handsome one..." she suddenly shrieks.

The man stands up. "That's the best compliment I ever heard in this moment.." he replied with a flirtatious smile.

I rolled my eyes.

"hei? Everything alright there?" Jim voice above suddenly fill the alley.

"jim?..." I whispered and look at cassy.

She just shrugged and replied. " yeah...we are in good condition.!"

"faster ...it's almost three o'clock..." he shouted.

What with these three o'clock things? I reminded myself to ask them later.

"Bessy come on hurry..." cassy hurriedly drag me to climbed up.

"wait..." I said and turn to the man. " he will follow us..." and then I climb.

Cassy turn to the man and back to me. " just speed up your climb...you're too heavy for me..."

And as I come out of the tunnel, Jim was standing near an open van.

"Hop up!" he said and without wasting another time, I jump through the van in exhaustion while cassy and the mysterious man follow.

"It's a noble knight uniform..." Jim whispered to cassy. "Who is he?"

I knock down in a matter of second, soundly asleep.

"Drive off..." was the last word I hear.

........................................................................................

"Enough with that teary mode...you silly women..."Releasing my hug and pointing my head. " You!!! You!!!...how dare you to go out for yourself...Ha...Ha...Ha..." scolding me with a worried face.

"heii... I am looking fine... "Calming her distress of my reckless actions. "And that's thanks to you both." I continued while looking at her and Jim through the rear mirror.

"But still you stupid woman...you can have ask help from us." She continued. "We are more experienced than you inside and out of the city...while you just good at that damn hospital..."

"That's hurt... I'm working there too..." Jim shouted through the steering wheels.

"I want to be alone..." I whispered while looking through the dark cover van windows. "I don't want you to get hurt for me..."

"And die before rescuing Nica..." cassy bluntly said.

I give her an apologetic smile.

"Handsome guys over there!?" cassy turn "What's your name?"

The guys turn and answered. "Code."

"Nice name...there is a first aid kits around that compartment." She instructed while pointing at the left side of the van with an improvised mini design cabinet with sink and small refrigerator. 

"Clean those fists of you...don't want it to get infected at the first out..." she shrugged, taking some apple from her bag.

"Well, here we are by the way so let's survive together." Cassy continued bringing a lot of tension for the outside epidemic situation. "We need to live..." she seriously said looking through me. "By the way you still need to experience sex..." she casually continued while slapping my back and eating the apple back at her sit, breaking everyone uneasiness.

I choke my own saliva down.

The mysterious man suddenly coughs.

While Jim laugh. "Way to go cassy..."

And I blush, turning my face back to the window.

"Aunt Joy is coming Nica..."