Chapter 9

"I've never been part of this area before..." Jim said while looking at his GPS device.

"I can't believe you forgot to bring the extra gallons of fuels!" Cassy angrily scold Jim.

"By following this road we supposed to arrive at your hometown by midnight. "He continued while showing me the satellite road on the tab screen.

"I can't believe you FORGOT the SPARE GALLONS OF FUELS!" Cassy answered with an angry voice.

"Who's to blame?" He casually answered, looking at cassy.

"And you are putting the blame on me...it is your fault at most ...you just can't keep your zips up when a girls show up" Cassy angrily said to Jim.

"At least she's good..." Jim honestly answered while keep driving.

"You...!" cassy shriek while pointing at him.

"But not the gasoline...I only says the food...we can find food outside..." she continued to complain at Jim.

I am ashamed and feel guilty.

"I'm sorry. " I suddenly said while looking at them. "Because of my actions, we have less preparation."

Both of them look at me.

"It's okay...I've track a gasoline station nearby, maybe we can get a gallon of it for the trip." Jim casually answered.

"It's okay bessy... we can find way." Cassy reassuringly said to me.

A day in the roads to City D was extremely overwhelming.

Luckily on our drive to the rainy city, no infected show up or no other casualty along the way but the real problem is after we pass through the intervened road between west port and City D.

The shortcut road inclined to City D is disastrous;

Dead burn human body or abandoned car piled up from explosion or fighting is visible on the road.

Even if we are expected to arrive around midnight, the road way there may bring us to arrive at sunrise tomorrow.

"We are here at the intersections from the gasoline stations...I cannot bring the van further inside seeing the destructed road." Jim continued while looking at the road ahead. "We need to walk the few miles to the stations..." he tensely answered.

"I remember this area..." I suddenly said, remembering every corner of the surrounding intersections.

"There is a Gun shop for hunters in between these intersections and the gasoline stations." I seriously said to them.

Turning to cassy.

"Looking at our supplies here? We may get food at our hometown at Nica bunks."

Next turning to Jim.

"Gasoline for the van at the stations or at any car nearby..." I continued.

"But we don't have any enough protection from the gruesome infected." Looking at the two mechanical modernize guns at the trunks.

"And you suggest us to get the extra arms there?." Cassy answered looking at me.

"Yes."

"And we are doomed." Jim said.

"Actually she's right." Code suddenly said. "Everything's matters now..."

"We never knew what happen to our hometown now Cass, if that one infected spread the virus to the once safe city then we must expected that a large number of new infected roamed the area and our gears is not enough." I continued, trying to explain the situation.

"I do understand your concern joy but it's been four years since the closed down and looking through the chaotic view outside this van. Do you think there is still many guns there?" cassy retaliate, concern of each one safety.

"I believe there is..." I seriously look at them.

"And how sure you are?." Cassy asked.

"Because I know where my uncle hides the gun."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team was decided on the missions for guns and gasoline.

I, Code and Jim will take the trip while cassy needs to stay to protect the van.

The three of us will need to travel together to the gun shops and stuff some of it on the gyms bags we found at the trunks of the van, then as planned I need to stay behind and finish the job at the gun shop while they run to stations for the van fuels.

They'll come back and we head to the van together.

Cassy and Jim at first did not agree with the teaming but with my knowledge of the guns storage hold the wining sides.

Wearing my protection gears, and bringing my own guns is something new to me, we are all trained in the city.

It is a part of survival, a part of the requirement to live inside the mountain city.

Everyone needs to be a protective shield to each other.

"If anything happens to me...please continue the journey to save Nica." I whispered to cassy while hugging her.

The survival rate will always be thin...

"You need to save her yourself..." cassy said looking at me. "come back safe..."