Chapter 1

I sigh as I look at the dark cloud and empty city below our resting chamber where a big glass window isolated us from the outside world.

The scenery below should display a vibrant and lively city, full of light and life but now it shows the opposite, only Empty Street with abandoned shop and closed building.

I sigh again...

"How will I get married??? If things continue to deteriorate..." I cried shamefully with regrets "I want to have handsome guys with cute twins...and go a trip with them!!! And...and...." Embarrassingly thinking about .... "I want to have sex tooo!!!..." I frustratedly exclaimed loudly while gripping at my water bottle harshly.

"I'm here and at your service!!!" someone abruptly hug me from behind resulting me from vomiting the water I drinked and instinctly smack the person head by the bottle I hold.

"Arayy!!" The man exclaimed in pain with his own word. " sakita ato oi..." while holding his head.

"English Please..."

"It hurt!!!"

"You're Fault..." I casually continued while walking out from the room to do my rounds.

"Nurse Joy!!! I'm still available if you need someone to warm your lonely night!!!" He shouts despite the pain.

I smirk while closing the door so hard. It is not a hidden secret to everyone here that I'm a virgin who want to experience sex but too choosy. I may speak too bluntly and sometime too dirty as thought if I'm too experience but actually I'm still an old school girl who want to give my so called "purity" to the one I love or in the principle " Marriage first before sex."

But how?? There are no more handsome guys on planet Earth!!!

If there's a guy, not my type or too young or too old to be my partner... too choosy...

I sighly cried "I may grow old lonely without experience!!!"

"Then accept Dr. Jim proposal sweetie... that Casanova will surely give you the best in bed..." the head nurse blurted jokingly while walking at my side.

"Never!!! In my whole life! Better be infected than sleep with him."

"Watch your mouth Nurse Joy, Not everyone is so lucky like us" She strictly said. "Immunity with the virus and lodge with food and medical supplies is rare now" Reminding me of the advantages I have in this pandemic.

Cecilia the head nurse had been working with the hospital for 35 years, She was black but full of love, she's the momma of all the young nurses here and a good friends to her own colleague, she's tend to have her early retirement a year ago to spend with her family but due to the virus she had to continue rendering her service. Her other families never survive the virus aside from her husband and grandson.

It has not been an easy years for all of us but we managed to survive and continued to help others to survive, the building I'm staying now is found at top of the hill within the city area, it is a previous private medical facility turn to a safe haven for thousand of survivor from the virus.

It is once a widely known hospital for the rich which cater person in high society prioritizing wealth and connection but when the previous owner die due to the virus , the next kin open the south side for the public but still strictly chosen for the safety of all the resident within the premise.

Through the years,high wall, building and homes have been constructed, people immune from the virus is divided by level and have to contribute their service as part of the society and strive for the safety of all .

Everyone is equally respected and treated due to the law pass by the leader.

Undeniably, I'm one of the lucky unlucky individual to be here, I was on vacation from the governmental Hospital and was on my way to my hometown to meet my family when the lockdown happen ; Eventually, I met Cecilia husband who was badly injured due to the panicking people, my nurse instinct immediately rush to help him and give him first aid.

Mike as he is known told me to bring him to Cecilia and as we arrived at the hospital, it was chaotic, I'm not employed in this medical facility but I can't help not to attend those who need my service, medical staff is insufficient due to the high level of requirement needed to be possessed by the applicant.

When things calm down and controlled,and the hospital is closed and strictly guard, me and some of the paramedic, nurses, new applicant and medical student who accidentally on the premise was taken and trained by the hospital as part of their team.

In short, I'm safe in here and living totally fine due to the privileged of being one of the medical staff.

My family is currently safe at my hometown but I believe this place is safer and secured, I want to bring them here but it still need to undergo into a lot of paperworks which still pending for approval. 

"Nurse Joy??" Cecilia shrugged "spacing again?"

"Sorry Momma Celia." I sighed " Thinking about my family..."

Cecilia glance sadly, "Let's continue praying they are safe"

I smiled weakly.

" If you're finish here...Help me with little Tanya at room 314C...She just need to change her bandage and I kinda trust you can do it.."

"Aie..Aie Captain!!" I jokingly give her a salute.

Author Words....................................................

Greetings! Fellow wattpadders!!

Thank you if you're reading this book, As you noticed this book may have many grammatical error and spelling which is unpolished but I will be happy if you can leave me a comment or advice in anything you found is wrong with the story.

And, Kindly vote for my book and follow me. 

Sincerely : mscutamora