Chapter 3: Joining the team

Trinity's Outfit

Trinity's Dance Wear

Alec's Outfit

—————————————-After getting ready for the day Alec and I head downstairs

—————————————-
After getting ready for the day Alec and I head downstairs. "Do you have everything you need for dance?" my mom asks me. I nod. "Okay well after dance today you have a photo shoot with Fenty beauty by Rihanna. They want people to model their makeup and they specifically asks for you. As always the money will automatically forwarded to your debit card."

"Okay will I have to time to shower and change in between."

"Not really it's a tight schedule but they have showers on their set so you should be fine."

"Okay."

My mom gives me a bag with my clothes for the shoot and we get into her white BMW. While we're on the way to the ALDC LA studio we stop by Starbucks to get a light breakfast.

We walk into the studio and my mom and Alec go with the producers while I get changed into my dance wear.

"Okay your going to stay in here until pyramid starts. When it starts go right outside the door to this studio and wait for Abby to announce you."

My mom and I wait for another 20 minutes finishing our breakfast before pyramid finally starts.

*it's after season 6 but Maddie and Mackenzie never left*

"And on top of the pyramid we have Maddie and Mackenzie, for choosing to stay with the ALDC." The girls clap and Maddie and Mackenzie smile. "Now I'm sure your wondering what this extra headshot is. I'm proud to represent we have someone new joining us for the competition this week. And beware she holds a lot of national titles. Trinity Anderson!"

I walk in holding Alec on my hip my mom behind me.

"Trinity why don't you introduce yourself." Abby says smiling.

"Hi my name is Trinity Anderson. This is my mom Anastasia Anderson and my little brother Alec. I'm 14 years old and I have been dancing since I was 2 and competitions since I was 5. I'm so excited to be here in LA and dance with you all."

"Okay Trinity why don't you give Alec to your mom and stand next to Brynn at the end there." I give Alec a quick hug and whisper for him to be good and hand him to my mom. She holds him while I go and stand next to Brynn.

"It's nice to see you again Trinity." Brynn says hugging me briefly. "You too Brynn. I missed you."

"You guys already know each other?" Abby asks curiously. "Brynn and Trinity met each other at a modeling event over the summer for a line of dance wear. They've been friends ever since." Ashlee says smiling. I smile at Ashlee and wave at her.

I've watched some of the show and I know the moms don't like Ashlee but she was really nice to me and acted as a second mom to me during that event.

"Ok now that introductions are out of the way let's move onto this week's numbers. This week we have a solo, two duets, and a group dance. The first duet goes to Maddie and Kendall and it's called Our Separate Ways. It's a pretty lyrical routine about the end of a long friendship."

Maddie and Kendall smile and hug each other. Jill and Melissa definitely look happy.

"The next duet goes to Kalani and Mackenzie. It's called For my daughter. Don't let the name trick you this is a dark contemporary piece about a mother who raises her daughter to be ruthless. It's all about the acting and technique, so it will be hard on you Mackenzie since you've done so much hip hop the past few weeks."

"The solo will go to Trinity. I want you to do the solo you did for your audition. I think it's a winner."

I smile and thanks Ms. Abby.

"Why does Trinity have a solo but none of the other kids have one?" Jill asks angrily.

"Trinity needs to prove to me she can win. I want to see what she's capable of with no distractions. Need I remind you that your daughter has a duet and I can take it away." Abby says angrily. Jill widely chooses not to reply.

"Okay for the Elite group dance it's called Revenge is best served hot. It's a take on the saying revenge is a dish best served cold. It is a contemporary jazz number and the lead will be Maddie. Minis you guys are doing a sassy jazz number called Diamonds. You don't have solos this week because I need to see if you guys want to win as a team. You've been on a losing streak and that doesn't happen at the Abby Lee Dance Company."

"Okay I'm starting with the group dance so everyone warm up."

We all spread out and I take a spot near Brynn while Gianna walks us through warm ups. Mostly because I'm here and I don't know the warm up exercises they use. After 15 minutes we finally start on the group dance. Gianna tells us all to line up on the wall while we learn the intro.

"Okay this group is about someone who is so vengeful that they destroy everyone they love. Think Wrath from the seven deadly sins Maddie, that's who you need to embody. This piece is technical but its also all about the acting. So Trinity I want you to be the first one to enter on stage. I need you to do 4 front aerials to the middle of the stage."

I do 4 front aerials until I'm in the middle of the room and rise up from the last one slowly.

"Okay while she's doing that I need Kalani to carry Maddie in on her back. When you get here, beside Trinity, Kalani fall carefully on to the floor and Maddie get off of her. Make it look like Maddie made you collapse. Good."

"Now Maddie I want you to carefully put your hand over Trinity's eyes and another over her mouth. Trinity struggle for a few seconds and then go still. Then you and Maddie will do a pirouette into 4 a la seconde turns and a side aerial. Trinity go into arabesque and Maddie will turn you and then fall to the floor....."

Abby and Gianna continue to teach us the first half of the group dance. Even though Maddie is the lead I have a lot of feature parts in the routine. I'm glad but I know the moms are not going to be happy about it. Especially Jill, who seems to dislike me already.

This is going to be a lot of drama I can already tell.