Chapter 5: Three's a Crowd

I take my place at the back of the studio and stretch a little as Abby talks to Maddie and Kendall about their duet.

"Ok girls your duet is called Our Separate Ways and it's a style you both are great at, pretty lyrical. In this dance you'll be telling the story of two people in a friendship that they don't want to let go of but eventually have to."

Abby starts teaching the dance and Maddie and Kendall look like well oiled machines. I know they've been duet partners for a while but the way they are moving makes them almost look like the same person.

It's really intimidating especially since Abby never told me which part to learn so I'm teaching myself both and since it's not my duet they're not going to stop if I need to. Every other time we run the dance I switch parts to make sure I know both.

"Kendall point your feet! No one wants to see a sickled foot!"

Abby's yelling seems to have thrown Kendall off as she completely stops dancing. Maddie and I continue, me performing Kendall's part. I make sure to push myself and not make the same mistakes she was getting yelled at for. I don't want Abby to think I'm not taking this seriously.

"See Kendall someone knows how to apply proper technique to their dancing." Abby says pointing at me.

I appreciate the compliment but I don't want to be praised at the expense of someone else.

"Abby don't compare my daughter to Trinity. She shouldn't even be in this rehearsal right now." Jill says angrily storming into the studio.

"She is just a swing Jill. She's only here as a backup if someone gets injured." Abby says rolling her eyes. "That's bull Abby. You know we've never had a swing dancer before so why start now."

"Trinity has never danced with us before Jill I need to make sure she can keep up. You need to focus on your kid who seems to have forgotten how to point her feet."

"How can I when your shoving a new kid into her duet?!" Jill screams.

"You know what Jill let's talk outside. Girls please keep rehearsing with Gianna please." Abby walks out of Studio A with Jill trailing angrily behind her. I see a few of the other moms get out of their seats and walk outside with them. I've only been here a few hours and there's already drama.

"Why don't you girls run the dance from the top to the music? Trinity a word please" Gianna says nicely while starting the duet music.

I walk up to Gianna confused. "Don't let the moms get to you. I know it seems like their out to get you but your talented and they see that as a threat." I thank Gianna as she pulls me in for a hug. "Oh and Abby likes how serious your taking the duet, it shows maturity. Now why don't you take a 10 minute break, your solo rehearsal is coming up anyway."

I nod and walk out of Studio A to join my mom and Alec on the risers. All of the other moms except for Ashlee have gone outside to argue with Abby.

"What's wrong why aren't you in Studio A?" Ashlee asks worriedly. "Gianna said I could take a 10 minute break. I have my solo rehearsal after this anyway." I say shrugging.

"Twinidy! My Twinidy!" Alec says climbing into my lap excitedly. "Yes Alec?" I ask smiling at him. "You did weally weally good." He says kissing my cheek. "Thank you Alec." I say giving him a hug.

Our short conversation is interrupted by my moms phone ringing.

"This is Anastasia speaking." she says in her business voice.

"Oh okay."

"Yeah she left her phone in her bag because of rehearsal."

"I'll have to talk to Abby but we'll try."

"I want Trinity to get paid double, and she gets her own collab in the future. Our time is precious and we don't take changes well."

"Thank you and have a nice day." my mom says before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I ask curiously. "You know that shoot with Fenty Beauty? Well they accidentally scheduled you 2 hours earlier so we have to leave and you won't be able to rehearse your solo. I have to go talk to Abby so come on."

I nod and hand Alec to Ashlee. "We'll be right back." I say to him. Ashlee distracts Alec with a Peppa Pig video on her phone as I follow my mom out the door of the studio.

The moms and Abby stop arguing when they see us walk up to them.

"Abby we have a bit of a situation." My mom says seriously. Hopefully Abby doesn't freak out too much. I don't think I can take any more yelling today.

"Unfortunately Trinity's photo shoot was accidentally scheduled up a few hours so we have to leave rehearsal. I know it's her solo rehearsal and your time is valuable but I thought it would be better to just come out and tell the truth instead of making up excuses."

"Trinity if you miss this rehearsal you better win. I don't except anything less than first." Abby says sternly.

"I won't let you down Ms. Abby."  I reply.

"Good luck at your photo shoot. I expect to see some pictures." Abby says before giving me a hug. The other moms look at her shocked as my mom and I go back inside to get our things.

This drama is giving me a headache.