Chapter 6: Crunch Time

Trinity's Outfit

Alec's Outfit

———————————————

———————————————

Alec and I walk into the ALDC LA with my mom behind us. The producers greet us as we go into Abby's office/sleep area in the studio. Unlike on the show her office is clean and put together. I can see her and Gianna discussing some costumes with another member of the ALDC LA staff.

"Hi Abby, I got your message. I hope you don't mind we're a few minutes early." my mom says smiling sweetly.

"It's alright Anastasia, I always say to be early is to be on time." Abby says smiling back at my mom. "I called you hear before rehearsal to talk with Trinity and to discuss a couple of things with the both of you."

"First, Trinity how was your photoshoot?" Abby asks me. "It was great. We moved really fast to cover the lost time that the schedule change caused. And I got to keep a ton of the fenty beauty makeup they had me try on." I say happily.

"That's not all that happened." my mom says mischeviously.

"Oh I almost forgot! Fenty Beauty is inviting the ALDC Elite Competition team to do a photoshoot with the launch of some of their new products." I say handing Abby the papers the Fenty Beauty manager team gave me to give to her.

"Of course Trinity will be the focus of the photoshoot because of they now have partnership with her because of her instagram account. They will also be making a makeup pallete called LA Dancers, that will have eyeshadow colors based on each member of the elite compeition team and one for you and Gianna as well." my mom says jumping at the oppurtunity to gloat and make it clear to Abby that the girls are getting this oppurtunity because of me.

"Thank you so much Trinity, I'm sure the girls will be thrilled. When's the photoshoot?"

"It'll be in the middle of the week next week but it is during the second half of our rehearsal time unfortunately." my mom says with her best concerned voice.

"Well the girls better work hard next week. I'll announce the photoshoot next week during Pyramid. I don't want to distract the girls from this weeks compeition." Abby says gesturing for Gianna to put the photoshoot and announcement on her schedule for next week.

"What else did you want to talk to us about?"

"One of our choreographers can't get on a flight for this weekend for personal reasons and we were wondering if Trinity would want to lead a contemporary dance workshop on Sunday for the Senior Dance Company. I know its a lot but you would be able to use your own choregraphy and be able to prove that you can teach those older than you." Gianna says excitedly.

I really don't know what to say. Not only do I have a solo and the drama with the duet but now she wants me to choregraph a combo for the literal young adults in the company. That's a lot of pressure.

"Of course Trinity will do it. She's a hard worker and I know she'll spend her time wisely." my mom says accepting without even asking me. Like always she's going to continue to sign me up for whatever will "give me an advantage" over anyone else in her way.

"Perfect. Rehearsal is going to start soon so why don't you go into the main room with the rest of the girls and stretch. Anastasia and I are going to discuss the details of the photoshoot a little more."

I thank Abby and walk out of her office, leaving Alec with my mom. Hopefully the mom's don't find out about the masterclass. I drop my dance bag off in the den and head to the main studio to stretch with the girls.

The girls say hi and I wave back before starting to stretch near Brynn a little bit away from the rest of the girls.

"So how was your talk with Abby?" Brynn whispers. She knows that I don't want this to get back to the other moms, plus she's who I'm closest with out of everyone.

"It kind of made me more stressed to be honest. I told her about the photoshoot but then she asked me about something." I whisper back, then proceed to tell her everything that happened in Abby's office. "Wow she must really like you." Brynn says excitedly.

"Yeah but the mom's won't if they find out."

"They won't as long as you just don't mention it."

Abby walks in causing us to stop stretching and stand in the line like it was pyramid. "Today we're going to start with the two group dances. You guys will be in here with Gianna and I will work with the minis in studio B. After that we'll be working on Trinity's solo then the two duets. At the end of rehearsal we'll perform all of the dances and five each other feedback."

"Is there a reason that Trinity is going before the two duets? I mean weren't the duets first yesterday." Melissa asks Abby with an upset look on her face.

Isn't she Maddie's mom? Why does she care about the order if both of her daughters are in duets?

"Well since Trinity had to leave rehearsal early yesterday I haven't seen her solo yet. I need to make sure she's ready for competition." Abby says walking towards the mom line. "Plus the duets both got extra time because of her leaving."

That's news to me and from the look on my mom's face, which is stone cold, she isn't happy they got extra time.

"So Trinity leaves rehearsal early and gets extra time? How is that fair?" Jill says taking a step towards Melissa. Great now two moms don't like me.

"Trinity is going to get the same block of time as everyone else. I'm not giving her any extra time. She made it clear that she knew what she was doing when she decided to leave." Abby says sternly.

"But-"

"End of discussion. Moms get out. Girls let's run the first half of the dance. Then we're going to learn the rest."

We all quickly stress and since its silent we can hear the moms bickering from in here. Me and Brynn look at each other and roll our eyes at the same time causing us to laugh a bit.

After 10 minutes Gianna starts the group dance music and we begin the dance.

I enter first with 4 front aerials to the middle of the studio, while Kalani carries Maddie on her back to where I am. Maddie causes Kalani to "fall" and runs up behind me. She then puts her hands on my eyes and mouth causes me to "struggle" for two beats. I go still and Maddie positions herself beside me. We then do a pirouette into 4 a la seconde turns and end with a side aerial........

(A/N) I feel like that was a bit of a longer chapter. I've been updating a ton of chapters for this book so be prepared for some more frequent updates. Let me know if you like the longer chapter and don't worry there's plenty of drama in Trinity's future.