Chapter 9: Oppurtunity

"Now we also have something very special happening this week. Anastasia would you like to do the honors?" Abby says gesturing to my mom who is holding Alec on her hip. My mom sets Alec down and instructs him to come to me and I pick him up. She then walks to the mirror next to Abby.

"Well you may or may not know this but Trinity is a model and recently she got a permanent partnership with Fenty Beauty the makeup brand by Rihanna. So because of that partnership she will be featured in a photoshoot as well as the rest of the Elite Competition team. They want to make their brand more teen-friendly. So you all will be featured as well as Abby and Gianna on a brand new eyeshadow pallette called LA Dancers, each person has their own shade named after them. So I hope you guys will participate in this photoshoot." my mom finishes explaining, smiling sweetly. 

"So thanks to Trinity's networking we will be doing a photoshoot on Wednesday. Unfortunately it means we will only have time to rehearse the group dances since the photoshoot cuts into our rehearsal time. Okay that's enough talk let's start rehearsing the elite group dance in here. Minis go into studio B and learn your group with Gianna."

The moms and Alec leave the room to sit on the risers and we all stretch quickly. 

"Okay you guys are going to start of in a straight line in front of the church bench." We all make our way towards the church bench and get in formation in front of it.

"Then when the music starts everyone except for Mackenzie will slowly sit down on the bench popping up with perfect posture on four. So it'll go 1, 2, 3 and look at the audience on four."

"Now why'll doing that Mackenzie you will break formation and start walking towards the audience.  1, 2, 3 and on 4 you will lunge forward and throw your arms in a circle towards the audience for 5, 6, 7 and 8. And then your arms come up on the next eight count 1, 2, 3,  and then you'll prep for your turn sequence for the next eight count."

"Why'll she's doing that I want you girls to..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After roughly an hour we're finally done learning the first mnute of the group dance. I walk out and join the other girls in the den why'll Nia, Jojo, and Brynn learn their trio. Its a bit awkward considering Brynn and Nia are the only girls I've had actual conversations with. Kalani and Kendall whisper to each other for a bit before deciding to go "use the bathroom." 

I don't know what they're up to but its pretty suspicious. Since they're gone Mackenzie and Maddie gesture for me to sit on the bench with them. 

"So how are you liking the studio so far?" Mackenzie asks curiously. "It's been pretty fun. I really enjoy the choreography and even though Abby's teaching methods are kind of harsh I feel like I've been keeping up pretty well."

"Yeah your technique is unreal." Maddie says, smiling at me genuinely. "Thanks, but your technique is phenomenal as well." I say. Maddie, Mackenzie, and I talk for a while. Just getting to know each other and talking about last week's competitions. Unlike with some of the other girls are conversation flows naturally and I feel like I've known them for a lot longer than a week.

"I will say Trinity just be careful of Kendall." Maddie whispers softly, anxiously scanning the room for any unwanted listeners. "Why?" I whisper back curiously. I mean I get the feeling that she doesn't like me much but she hasn't done anything to me directly.  "I can't say much with the cameras here but let's just say she and her mom are both too ambitious for their own good." Maddie says, Mackenzie nodding in agreement beside me. 

"Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'll be careful." Maddie nods and gives me a quick hug, sensing that I've gotten anxious while talking about this. We change the subject quickly when we see Kendall and Kalani re-enter the room. Maddie and I give each other a look before continuing to talk to Mackenzie about silly things that don't matter.

Our conversation is interuppted when Gianna pokes her head in to the den. "Hey Trinity, can you come with me for a bit?" I nod and say bye to Mackenzie and Maddie before leaving the room with Gianna. "What did you need me for?" I ask her curiously. My solo rehearsal isn't until another 2 hours.

"Well, I'm working with Areana on her solo right now but Lily has to leave early for a doctor's appointment. So I wanted to know if you would rehearse with Areana in Studio C while I teach Lily as much as I can before she has to leave. I can send you the video of me doing the full solo so you can continue to teach Areana her solo."

"I'm going to be completely honest, I did not expect you to say that. Are you sure you want me to do this? I'm not that qualified to be a dance teacher. Plus won't the moms be mad at you when they find out?" I say nervously.

"Who cares what they think? The moms don't pay my bills and they don't make decisions for me. And I even ran this decision by Abby first before I talked to you so if they have a problem with it they can take it up with her. And you are very qualified, I heard feedback from the kids who attended that masterclass with you and they were much older than you and felt like they learned a lot from you. "

"Okay I'll do it. But can I request one tiny thing first."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can Areana's mom watch the rehearsal? I know its not typical, but maybe if the mom's see how nice I am while teaching they won't be so mad at me." I say timidly.

"Of course Trinity, that's a great idea! I'll tell Areana and her mom to meet you in Studio C." Gianna then airdrops the video of her doing Areana's solo and heads to tell Areana and her mom about the changes made to her rehearsal.

I go to Studio C and do a turn sequence I've learned in the past to warm up while waiting for Areana to enter. When she does I stop turning and face her. "Hi Areana!" I greet her, giving her a big smile. "Hi Trinity!" she says back giggling in her high pitched voice.

"Why don't we get started on your solo? Mom you can sit in that chair by the mirror over there, and Areana why don't you run what you have so far."