Chapter 26

Author's pov

It all happened so fast.

Jungkook pushed you away because he couldn't stand you saying him to stop calling you as his wife.

But he never meant to really push you away.

When your body fell on the ground after the truck hit you, Ara silently escaped the place as Jungkook ran to the middle of the road.

He knelt down, taking your bleeding head to his lap as the people started surrounding you both, one of them calling for the ambulance as the driver rushed to near you, still in a shock that he hit someone.

It was not the driver's fault though.

"Y-Y/n" Jungkook called weakly. "B-Baby" he called again while tapping your cheeks lightly.

Tears started to pour out of his eyes when you didn't move an inch.

"Baby, o-open you eyes" he said as his lips quivered. "I-I'm sorry" he said while starting to sob, but you wouldn't open your eyes.

"J-Just some more time, o-okay? We'll g-get you to the hospital" he said while holding your body more closer to his as fear of losing you took over him.

Time skip at the hospital~

You were taken into the ER and as the doors shut close, Jungkook slid down the wall, starting to sob while hugging his knees.

Tears made way out of his eyes uncontrollably. But he didn't care.

All that he cared was about you.

He'd never forgive himself if something happens to you.

An hour passed, and then two as he just sat on the cold hospital floor while still sobbing.

Finally, four hours later, a doctor came out of the ER and Jungkook immediately got up.

"Doctor! Is my wife okay?! She's safe right?!" he asked the doctor, with red and puffy eyes.

"She's out of danger, Mr.Jeon" the doctor said and Jungkook felt like he just got his life back. "But....."

"We couldn't save the baby"

"W-What?" Jungkook asked, his eyes tearing up once again.

"She was a month pregnant, Mr.Jeon" the doctor said and Jungkook felt like his whole world stopped spinning.

"Her stomach and uterus was ruptured in the accident. She was also losing oxygen. There was no way that we could save the baby" the doctor said.

"She'll be moved to the general ward in another hour. You can visit her there. And I'm sorry for your loss" the doctor added.

"It is not easy for a father to accept this. But this is the truth" he said and left Jungkook whose heart shattered completely.

Next morning~

Jungkook stayed with you in the hospital room all night. Waking up, he informed about this to his parents and Lisa.

*SLAP

His head turned towards the other side, facing the floor as his mother slapped him.

His mother. His mother who never raised her hand at anyone, slapped her own son.

Jungkook himself confessed about everything since the beginning. About Ara, the contract he forced you to sign, the way he treated you during those days, that night when he raped you. And now the baby.

"Don't call yourself my son!" his mother yelled and left the place.

"It's not your fault, Jungkook" his father said as he walked forward. "It's my fault for ruing that innocent girl's life by getting her married to you" he said.

"Dad-" Jungkook was cut off.

"Don't call me that" his father spoke through gritted teeth as he left.

Wiping the tears off his face, Jungkook slowly walked to the hospital room where you were in.

"Your wife just woke up" a nurse said and Jungkook's eyes widened slightly.

From behind the door, he saw his parents in the room as Lisa and Jieun helped you get up and sit on the bed.

Your forehead was bandaged, and small bruises could be seen on your body.

"Lisa" you called out suddenly. "M-My baby? Is my baby okay?" you asked as your voice cracked and they all looked down, not knowing what to say.

"My baby is okay, right? N-Nothing happened to my-" you halted on your own words as Lisa looked up at you with misty eyes. "W-Why are you not t-talking?" you asked while shaking her hand.

"Y-Y/n, I'm sorry" she said and your throat tightened.

You looked down for a minute, tears slowly making way out of your eyes. It was just two weeks ago when you found out that you were pregnant. With Jungkook's child.

"I want to be alone" your voice came out as a whisper and Lisa nodded before slowly walking out with everyone. They knew that this was too much for you, and that you needed some time.

"Y-Y/n" you heard the voice of the person who made your whole life miserable.

"Get out" you said coldly as you felt him walking near you.

"I-I'm sorry-" Jungkook's words were cut off as you slapped his cheek.

But he knew that he deserved it.

"What should I do with your apology?! My baby died because of you!" you yelled. "YOU KILLED MY BABY! I HATE YOU!" you yelled again as tears streamed down your eyes continuously.

A sob escaped Jungkook's lips again.

"GET OUT!" you yelled once again and Jungkook looked down before slowly walking away. He didn't want you to get stressed even more.

He knew that you were beyond any emotion at this situation.

Your baby just died. And it died inside of you.

The next day~

Paying for Y/n's favourite chocolates and flowers, I slowly walked out of the shop and got in my car.

My mind and heart felt void, yet filled with so much emotions. Our baby was gone.

Even I know that I don't deserve her. But just I'm too weak to let her go.

I love her. More than anyone or anything.

On entering the hospital, I stood in front of the door to her room and took a deep breath.

I haven't seen her since last morning.

Slowly opening the door, I entered the room, but

She was gone.