Chapter 16

Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you

_________________________________________________________

Jia's POV:

"Let's Go", He told. I nodded. I saw my mum with a serious expression while talking to someone on the phone. Just when we were about to leave, My mum said,

"Jia, Your father..........."

"Is in the hospital and in critical condition". That made my breathing stop. I felt like the world was breaking apart. The last thing I heard was 'Jia' before everything blacked out.

I heard something beeping..... Something caressing my hand... Moreover like someone.....

I woke up in jolt only to be held in a warm embrace. "Are you okay ?", Jiyoo asked. I simply nodded. Then the memories came flooding into my mind. My father. Was. In.Critical.Condition.

"Where is my father?", I panicked."Your father...", Jiyoo hung his head low. I didn't believe him only to find my mother outside of the room weeping over a stretcher with a body. She then noticed me only to say these words.

"Jia, Your father is dead!".

I fell to my knees, not able to believe what she just said. I felt the world stop around me. Without my knowledge, the welled up tears in my eyes started to flow like a river. I went next to him to hiccup as I spoke.

"Pa, Please wake up. Dont leave us alone. You told me not to cry right? Now I am. Tell me not to Pa", I sobbed. I held his hand through the cloth and kept my head over it.

"Pa, Please wake up pa!", I sniffled, as my crying came to an end. Subconsciously, I fell into a trance again.

At the funeral:

I stood there, my face with dried tears, puffy eyes, and red nose. I couldn't cry anymore. It was almost like I was half dead. I was numb from emotions. 

I looked to my side at my mum, who was sniffling a bit and Jiyoo calming her down. Yeah, he was here. Hereby our side. 

He noticed me staring at him so gave me a weak smile. He too, cried when heard the news. 

I sat in the corner feeling guilty because it was all my fault. I saw Mrs.Y/M/N(Your mom) and Mrs.Manoban (Lisa's Mom) calming me down, telling me all was gonna be alright when it wasn't.

Just then I hear everyone gasp. I see someone come over to Mrs.Manoban and whisper something in her ear. She gasps too and informs about it to Mrs.Y/M/N. 

"What happened?", My voice hoarse and from all the screaming and crying. "It is nothing", I see them both wipe their tears welling in the eyes.

"WHAT HAPPENED?", I shouted making them flinch. 

"Your mum drank poison and is being taken to the hospital by Jiyoo".

_________________________________________________________

What happens next? Comment down below. Vote and Gamsahamnida!