Lucas Michael Avery Part 1

Chapter 18

Lucas Michael Avery, my childhood started with him, it shouldn't have surprised me that even into my teenage life he'd still be such an integral part of me. Honestly, my could life ended with him too.

If this was a normal story he'd be the popular jock, or maybe just the bad boy who has a little bit of a problem with the law but secretly a sweetheart. I'd be the childhood best friend and we'd end up together. This isn't a normal story.

You shouldn't fall in love with someone who had been classified as a sociopath. It's not healthy. It's toxic, blood boiling, DNA changing, Harley Quinn creating toxic. I might have just followed Harley's lead and jump right into that vat of acid. At least that way I too could become just as crazy as he is.

Or maybe just by being near him I was marinating in the acid. Slowly losing my sanity.

But what do I know about healthy?

My body felt heavy as I walked through the cold building. The air was damp and my lungs filled with what I could only image was black mold spores, that was how dilapidated the building was. I continued to walk through the building. I couldn't believe she lived here. After all I had grown up watching her, her beautiful smile, her bright eyes. Who didn't love her? I know I had.

I stopped mid stride and notice a familiar figure. One I knew all too well. One who I couldn't stuff my feelings down for. Even if he couldn't return mine, I would love him. Through anythi ng. Even if it killed me.

"Lucas?"

"Yes Candy Cane?" His voice calm, collected, with no emotion behind it.

"Is that-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I wasn't sure how to. I stepped around him and I stared down numbly at the bloody figure I could barely make up. Her face was absolutely mangled. The tips of my fingers were stinging, a rush of noiseless sound filled my ears, I could feel hot bile spill from my mouth, cascading on to the concrete floor.

Her face. If that is even what you could call it anymore. Her eyes were swollen shut, her mouth half open into a permanent scream, her cheek bones crushed into themselves. Her jaw didn't look like it was attached to her face anymore, her nose had clearly been broken. You wouldn't have been able to even tell who she was by looking at her.

I touched my neck softly while looking at her black and blue throat. I remembered the feeling of hands wrapped around me, preventing me from breathing. I was gasping for air now. Tears were streaming down my eyes.

How the fucking hell did I end up here?

___________

Earlier

"Candice!" Tinsley called. It had been a few days from the last of our conversation and she seemed to have finally forgiven me. Everything between her and I seemed normal enough. Or as normal as she could be. "Did you know tall dark and homicidal hasn't been in school for the last few day?" I frowned at her and didn't say anything. "I was wondering if you knew where he was? Off on a spree killing?"

I still didn't respond. I HAD noticed he had been gone lately. He was also very noticeably absent from my bed. It make me both suspicious and lonely. I would never admit to which one I felt more of.

"Why the hell would she be keeping tabs on that freak? It's been quiet and uneventful since he's been gone. Why mention 'he who shall not be named' and start chaos for no reason?" Tony said from next to me as he swung his arm around my shoulders.

"Because he's the hottest thing on earth besides lava. And even then when he stares deep into your eyes he gives lava a run for its money!" She said with a huge smile on her face, arms swinging in the air animatedly. She looked like a child who was exaggerating their walk. "God all the dirty things I'd do to that boy. Honestly! I have no clue why you don't jump his bones every chance you get!"

The Sociopath Who Ate My CerealOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara