"Awkwardly hot demon who wants to steal your soul."

"Lucas?" I asked

"What the fuck are you doing Candy Cane?" Before I could even answer his voice continues "Poking your nose in places it doesn't belong as usual I see. Get out the fuck out of my house now." His voice was even, he didn't sound angry. But that only made me more nervous.

Being the giant coward I was I didn't ask any questions. I just hung up.

My phone began to ring again. I felt Tony behind me and I quickly and most definitely defiantly turned it off. I smiled to myself and honestly I was two seconds to fist bumping into the air in victory when Tony asks "Lucas?"

I shook my head with a small shrug. "Nope. Spam call."

Tony just quirked an eyebrow and frowned. "Can we go home now? I really don't see the point of this." I rolled my eyes at him. "Come on Candice. This is ridiculous. Who the fuck do you think you are? The Hardy Boys? This is fucking ridiculous."

"Fine but like five more minutes. Let me check the attic."

"Attic...oh come on no..." Tonys face turned a very pale sickly color in a blink of an eye "no attics please."

"Why what's wrong with attics?"

"I don't know. How many horror movies have you seen were going up to the attic leads to fucking unicorns and rainbows instead murder and ghosts." Tony rambled. "I will not go up there. I'll keep a look out down here."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Okay. Coward!"

Tony just looked at me blank in the eye. "Also if you scream I'll run out of the house and leave you to the evil awkwardly hot demon who wants steal your soul."

"I'm not even going to say anything about that last part." I walked down the hall and into Lucas's parents room. I looked around and sighed. The room looked just like the rest of the house. Grey and white and pretty much empty. I went into their closet and reached up to pull the stairs down.

I flinched at the memory that was the reason I knew where the attic stairs were. I touched the small scar on my arm and shook my head. As I walked up the stairs I noticed the air almost change. It was cold and a chill ran down my spine. Tony wasn't probably too far off on something evil being in here.

I finally reached the top and looked around. Unlike the rest of the house it was messy. Boxes scattered the area with old furniture and garbage all over the place. It was interesting. The Averys were perfect looking, I mean physically perfect looking but on the inside, deep within they were this tangled ugly mess. Their house was all to cliche of a metaphor for their lives.

"Catherine..." I muttered looking around with anxiety "anyway you want to help me out here? Where would I start?" I walked deeper inside the room and started to rummage. I had no idea what I was even looking for. About ten minutes later I got a text from Tony

They're home. I'm getting the fuck out of here.

I froze up. Shit. Fucking shit.

I stopped moving and got on the ground behind some boxes. My face touching the wooden floor with my ear pressing again the cool ground.

"Marsha. I don't know where the boy is. I told you that!" Came a voice from below me. It took me only a moment to figure out it was Michael, Lucas's father.

"I swear to god if he ever comes home I'm locking him up and throwing away the key." Marsha replied.

"Good luck with that." Came the sarcastic reply.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean Michael?" I was slightly shocked. Marsha had never been anything but a quiet, polite and calm. Hearing her talk like this reminded me of Lucas.