"Imagine a younger Ed Gein as Freddie Prince Jr."

Chapter 14

I stared at the rose in shock. I'm pretty sure that I was about to pass out again. My head felt light my body felt heavy and the room was spinning.

I was genuinely becoming or have already become a damsel in distress. My very feminist warrior mother would be so ashamed if she saw me now.

I extended my arm and gingerly picked up the rose. "Ouch" I mumbled under my breath as a thorn pricked my finger. Figures, how cliche, a rose pricking my finger. Who was I? Sleeping Freaking Beauty. I inspected it slowly and noticed a small tag attached to it.

I fumbled with the small piece of paper and it read
I removed another thorn. Soon nothing will keep us apart. -C

This was the first time someone had signed it.

Well fuck.

C for Craig. Well mother fucker.

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

My internal monologue became an external verbal temper tantrum as I started to shout.

What the hell had I don't to deserve this? I know I was a bit of an uptight bitch at times. But I was never purposely malicious to anyone.

I had never stolen candy from a baby or kicked canes out from under little old ladies. My karma should be radiating gold shit by now. Hell I even let a criminal sleep in my bed with me and scratched his back till he falls asleep!

I sunk to the ground like the pathetic mess of a girl I had become. I don't even know if I was actually scared or just angry. I could feel my body vibrating with a burning hatred for my situation and for myself.

I hadn't noticed that in my blind rage someone had joined me in the empty hallway. I was barely aware that a strong arm circled around my shoulder and my head was being pushed into a muscular chest.

I do say barely because the moment they touched my body had been engulfed with fire.

I looked up at him. I had never felt so comfortable in then I did right there.

"Hey." He said.

I smiled at him weakly. Unable to say much. I just sank into his body heat and melted there.

"It'll be okay Candice. Whatever it is it'll be okay. We can face this together. You have me. And no matter what I will protect you." I looked up at him through my tears and smiled. His face was a little blurry but completely comforting nonetheless. "Time to pull up your big girl boots and get to work." He kisses my head and flattened my hair with his hands.

When I could finally speak I managed to whisper "Thanks Tony. You're the best."

This is the part in the movie where you'd hear that 'badass, upbeat, determined to get shit done' music. What I mean is my life started to flash before my eyes. Lucas would stay in my bed every night. Everyone is school would come to completely isolate me. My teachers ignore me. I even got a sit down with the school board on why I was being removed off the Expo Planning Committee. "Candice we know the Exposition is only a couple days away but it would be best if you stepped down from any official roll you had. We believe due to certain...circumstances it would be best." The principal had said. And honestly I just nodded at her and left the meeting. Like I would really give a flying fuck about that shit now anyway.