"Stockholm Syndrome was apparently my thing."

Chapter 9

"Where are we going Lucas?" I asked irritated.

We had been driving for a half hour now and I had no clue where we were.

"How the hell should I know buttercup?" He asked with an eye roll.

Little bitch.

"You're the one behind the wheel you better freaking know."

"Nah. I think I'll just let the wind take us to some magical place."

"What's magical to you? A morgue? Or a cemetery where you can dig up dead bodies and use their skin as clothes?" I spat out in complete annoyance.

"Damn Candy Cane you really don't think highly of me."

Maybe it was the alcohol or the fact I was in a stolen vehicle but my blood was rushing and the adrenaline was pulsing through my veins.

I was angry.

Angry that I thought more highly of him than I wanted too.

I was so sick of it too. Being angry. I was so tired of it.

Him and I sat in the car in silence. No music. Nothing but the sound of the car skidding across the pavement.

I didn't want to break the fragile silence knowing the quiet would be one of the few things from keeping me from saying something I'd sorely regret.

Another five minutes and it was killing me I had no clue where we were or where we're going. Much less that we were in a stole car. Yea. I was still a bit unhappy with that.

"Lucas," I started "where are we going?" I asked yet again.

"To the bank Candy."

"What are we gonna do rob it?"

"No, I forgot my gun. I can't rob a bank without that." He said so normally I worried for a moment if it's something he'd thought about before.

"But really?"

"To the river bank Candy."

His words brought ice through my veins. The river bank. The last place on this world I ever wanted to go again.

"No. I'm not going. Let me out. Now."

"No. We need to talk about what's been going on and what you've been keeping from me."

I started to struggle around and unbuckled my seat belt. I was fiddling with the door desperate to get out of the car.

When I realized he had put the child locks on I started to cry. "Please. Lucas. I can't do this. Let me go."

"No. I wish you'd be a bit more cooperative."

"And I wish you'd let me go."

"Never."

I hated that I was crying in front of him. Even more I hated how little concern he showed me.

"Stop freaking out Candice. It's annoying." He said his tone exasperated.

"Screw you Lucas."

"Believe me my love I would love it if you did." His smirk playing against his features. "But honestly Candice you're annoying as hell when you freak out. It's unnecessary. So please try to rein it in a bit." I didn't even have time to respond because just when I was about to open my mouth he turned the radio. Suddenly the cab of the car was filled with Freddie Mercury's voice.