"I was going to do it looking and feeling like Kim Possible."

I smiled when I saw the photo. Catherine Lee Avery. She was the oldest Avery child. She was the exact opposite of her older brother. Lucas was, at least to the public, always kind, compassionate, and popular. His golden eyes and dark brown hair drew everyone in immediately. It was as if he was the sun and everyone around him orbited his space. It was in private he was a monster. But he did a wonderful job pretending he was a model citizen.

His older sister Catherine was a bit gloomy. Physically she was equally as perfect as her younger brother. Blonde hair, bright blue eyes, a smile that took your breathe away. But she was always so grey. Like she moved through life at such a slow sad pace.

But like her brother she too had a bit of a different face to those who knew her well. She was literally the funniest, sweetest, most kind human I had ever met. I was sad when she moved away so suddenly.

Catherine Avery was the first born Avery child. She was an absolute stunner. I have very vague memories of her as she was so much older than Lucas and I. Lucas and I had both been 'miracle babies,' something no one expected.

When I was born my father had just turned 42 and my mother 36. They had been trying for ten years to have a child before I was conceived in 1997. The Averys had Catherine in 1979 and were unable to have children after her. It was several years later, two years before me, when Lucas was convinced. They were totally shocked.

"April 2nd, 1995," I mumbled looking down at the photo. A young Catherine was sitting next to my mom smiling brightly, a young boy sitting next to her. Maybe it was her boyfriend. From the way they were holding each other it seemed like it.

Catherine. What happened to you? I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Lucas' number.

It rang for a few times before the all too familiar click as the line dropped. Of course he wouldn't have a voicemail greeting.

I flipped through the album and noticed all the photos of the Avery family disappeared after April.

I looked out the window and sighed. I was becoming such a melodramatic crybaby.

I picked up my phone once more and dialed.

"Hey." Came a voice on the other end.

"I need some help."

There was a brief paused before I got a reply. "Please tell me whatever it is, is at least legal."

"8pm? My house?" I replied my answer vague.

"Fuck. See you then."

A few hours later my blonde hair was slicked back in a pony tail. I was wearing black workout pants and a long sleeve black top. I realized how absolutely ridiculous I looked but if I was going to break into someone's house I was going to do it looking and feeling like Kim Possible.

"Thanks for coming." I said smiling.

Tony looked at me with dead eyes. "What the fuck are you wearing?"

"Don't like it?" I said with a frown.

"You look like we're about to get locked up."

I smiled angelically. "Well...let's hope that's not the case. Let's go hurry. The Averys just left but I do not want to get caught in case they come back early."

Tony just frowned and followed me back to the Avery house. Right after I gave Tony the run down of my day, creepy stalker phone call, the warnings about Catherine, my idea to break into the house; I gave my mother a call. It was her night off from the hospital. I may have let it slip that Marsha seemed sad lately. And that taking her out for a girls night would be the best idea. I knew Michael always worked late so I figured I'd have about 1 hour to sneak around. Praying that would be enough time to get some answers.

"I just don't understand. Why do we have to break in? Why couldn't you just ask the Jail Bird himself?" Tony asked annoyed as we crept behind the Averys backyard.

"Shhh" I said irritated that he was being loud. But also realizing that we were not doing to best job sneaking. "I would have" I reached in my pocket and took out the spare key.... "See, we're not actually breaking in. I have a key!"

Tony rolled his eyes "yea the one you stole from your mothers key ring."

"Whatever. If she didn't want me using it she wouldn't have just left her keys hanging around." I unlocked the back door and stepped right into their house. The adrenaline pumping through my veins had me smiling. "Anyways," I said as we walked in "I would have asked Lucas but he's kind of MIA as of late and I wouldn't even trust he'd tell me the truth."

"What are we looking for anyways?" Tony asked as we walked around the Averys currently empty house.

"I don't know. Anything having to do with Catherine I guess." I said as I poked around in their living room. Which I realized was as about free of clutter as Lucas' room. God the Averys were neat freaks.

"I have no clue how your mom and the Averys are so close. The two of your families could not be any further apart." Tony said as he flipped through a book that was left on the end table. "Not to be an ass but your house is full of clutter Candice. This" he said gesturing around "you could preform surgery in here."

I just shrugged as I looked at their book shelf. Pulling out books at random. "Anyways," Tony continued "I didn't even know Lucas had an older sister."

"Yea, no one seems to talk about her much. That and she's so much older than us."

We walked up the stairs after a few minutes of searching and coming up with absolutely nothing. Freaking nothing. Figures.

My phone rang loudly and I flinched at the sound. Shit. "Hello," I answered

"Candy Cane. What the fuck are you doing?" Came a deep voice from the other line.

"Lucas?"

————
Vote. Comment! Tell me your favorite horror movie. Ready to start bingeing on some scary movies!