"Call me Lord Voldemort's whore."

Chapter 11

That night I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I unwrapped the scarf around my neck and swallowed hard.

The blue and black bruising were finally yellowing showing signs of healing. It had been a week since I confessed me love to a boy who couldn't even fathom being loved.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to just forget everything. It's been tough trying to hide my bruises from my lovely overbearing mother. Luckily because the Expo was just a rocks throw away she's believed that I was just too busy to talk.

I wanted to be pissed at Lucas. I wanted to be scared. But I was just so emotionally exhausted I couldn't even feel anything.

My phone rang on my desk. I walked over. I mindlessly picked up my phone and answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

I waited patiently for the other person on the line. But I was greeted with radio silence.

"Hello?" I asked a little bit more irritated this time.

The line on the other side was still silent.

"This isn't funny. I'm hanging up now." I said a bit more frustration slipped into my tone of voice.

I was just about to hang up with a voice finally spoke "Candice." A smooth husky voice spoke.

An icy chill ran through my bones.

"Who is this?"

"Candice, you're even more beautiful than the day I first set eyes on you."

"Who the hell is this?" I practically screamed.

"You're worst nightmare." The smooth voice turned into one from a Scream movie. "You thought you could get away scotch free? Without any consequences? Well you little cunt. You've got another thing coming. I'm going to gut everyone you love like a pig. And then, I'm coming for you."

With a click the called hung up.

I didn't even have time to process my fear when I heard a knock on my door.

"Sweetheart?" I turned towards my door and saw my mother. She looked at me with worried look etched across her face. But soon her features turned one of horror when she took in the markings on my neck.

"Candice what in gods name?" She ran up to me and clung to my shoulder. "What happened? Who did this? Dear, please tell me what happened! Who do I have to kill?" Her eyes were panicked and intense. But definitely terrified.

"Mom," I said freeing myself from her grasp "nothing happened. It was an accident." I was lucky that the bruises were no longer in the shape of finger prints. Just a dusting of yellow and blackish marks. "I started taking boxing and self defense classes at the school. I thought it'd be a good idea. You know. You never know." I said with a smile and a laugh.

I heard how forced my laugh was. And I hoped my mother didn't know.

She narrowed her eyes at me. Clearly not quite believing me. But also she had no grounds to stand on to not believe me either.