"In my obviously superior view they're shit stains on Hitler's panties."

Chapter 12

I had gone numb.

As I sat on the piano bench staring at the photos that were still popping up three days later, I couldn't comprehend how completely different my life had become. Everyone thought I was a home wrecking two-timing hoe bag. No one even knew Wendy but apparently they were on her side. Even the faculty didn't know what to do with me. The headmaster had brought me into her office and questioned my ability to carry out with The Exposition, even I wasn't sure if I could do it. Or if I even still wanted to.

It seemed so irrelevant now. I was being hardcore stalked, my life was threaten, the last thing I wanted to do right now was finish up planning The Expo. But it was just a week away now, at this point it'd be more work explaining what else had to be done, rather than just finishing it myself. Headmaster Gravevy agreed with me.

I looked at the photo of Emmet and I and sighed. The one with Lucas and I, well that made sense to me. Emmet, well, I had never kissed Emmet, but he had clearly kissed me. I didn't know why, and I didn't want to ask either.

Denial was preferable at the moment.

Lucas has been AWOL since Saturday morning and Anthony wasn't much help. I wasn't sure how to explain to Tinsley the whole situation, and I was pretty sure she didn't care either.

My mind was a complete mess and I wasn't even sure if I knew my head from my foot at this point.

I frowned to myself, thinking back on the conversation I had had with Anthony. "Wendy took piano with Craig Candice. Craig! Do you know what that means? She's on the very top of our list."

"I think we should just forget it. It's not like any physical harm has been done. It's just some jokes." I had said, not too convincingly to have him drop the topic. I was honestly tired. I didn't care anymore.

"You're delusional if you think it's okay because you haven't been actually harmed yet. Craig had kidnaped you Candice, like actually took you from your house. This isn't the time for you to be all pathetic." After I didn't answer he yelled "Fine if you won't look into I will."

I wish I would have taken the whole situation more seriously.

The next time I saw Anthony was this morning, he had been beaten head to toe by some random guy in the city. Apparently he had been asking too many questions and poking his nose where it didn't belong.

My heart ached at the thought of Anthony hurt because he was trying to help me.

Things were getting dangerous and I had yet to come up with any answers. Nothing made sense.

Craig was laying in a hospital bed, comatose out of his mind.

He had no family that would want to seek vengeance.

And even if it was a former student, did they love him enough to try to get revenge?

If so was it Wendy?

It seemed too obvious, after all her arrival back in time was too much of a coincidence. In the mystery novels the one that seemed the sketchiest tended to be the innocent one.

Yet again, this wasn't a mystery novel. This was real life, my life.

But was Wendy that messed up to do this kind of thing?