"Would you be comfortable with Jeffery Dahmer living in your town?"

Chapter 1

You never think one of the most important days of your life will actually be significant. It just kind of happens.

My whole life I have strived to become extraordinary. Nothing could ever be perfect enough for me. There was never room for error. No place for second place. My blonde hair had to be perfectly placed, my makeup flawless and my outfits on point. My room could double as a hospital trauma room if needed, that's how neat and clean it was. My books were organized first by genre then by author. My school notebooks were color coded. My nails always matched the color of the outfit I had of course picked out a week in advanced, including back ups. I worked out an hour and a half a day, fitness was important. I avoided greasy foods and anything that could cause a early heart attack. I had a strict study schedule at least four hours after school. If it wasn't an A it better have been an A+, anything less was unacceptable. Any free time was dedicated to piano. I was as perfect as a human could be. Not a toe out of line.

Why you may ask; well to put it simply I didn't like to lose control.

I always had to have a plan. I needed to always be on top of everything happening in my life.

So you could imagine my surprise the day Lucas Avery came back into my life.

He had been the tornado that ripped through Kansas and all but tore Dorothy's home from the ground.

It wasn't appreciated that's for absolutely sure.

I had hoped to never see him again after he had been locked up like the beast he was. In my opinion prison was the perfect place for him. 

He could have rotted in there for all I cared.

I was pretty sure everyone in Richfield, South Carolina agreed with me. A small town with a population of 6,873 we didn't really take to crazy manic psycho killer well. In fact we frowned upon anything not socially acceptable.

Lucas Avery was definitely not socially accepted.

I know it makes the town seem small minded. But I mean think about it. Would you be comfortable with Jeffery Dahmer living in your town?

If the answer is yes I suggest you seek some professional help.

Regardless the day real life Tate Langdon came back to town had started off completely normal for me.

I had not a single inkling that my world would turn up side down from that day on.

I had gotten up at 4am. I showered. I painted my nails blue, the same dark blue as the color of my blouse as I watched my hour of tv I allowed myself a day. That day it was Grey's Anatomy.

Once I was done it was 5:30am and I made my way down stairs to make breakfast and as my oatmeal was heating up I checked over my homework.

By 6:30 I was out of the house and on my way to school. I got in my light blue jetta and drove the twenty minutes out of Richfield into the city where Saint Mary's School for the Gifted resided.

With less than two hundred students, fifty per grade it was pretty elite. To be admitted you had to have some sort of gift and you had to be exceptional. Depending on what your gift was you were divided into sections. These sections determined a lot about your status in school. Just like every high school some sections were deemed more impressive than others. Each section was named after a prodigy in that specialty.