chapter 045

Honestly you guys, almost 15K reads, over 400 votes. You guys are making me so happy!

What do y'all think?

Please leave some comments, dying to hear some feedback!

~~~~

Apparently staying home the next day was not the way to go.

On Monday it seemed to be easy to stay home but it so happened to be that there was Biology and Edward had made contact with Bella. Nothing wrong with that, she was just a human. The big but happened the next morning when Jasper - and Alice in the background quipping in with unnecessary pieces of info - called her and told her about the events.

Bella had almost been hit with a car. Almost being the key-word because their dear Edward had intervened. The Cullens had to be at school for the rest of the day except for Rosalie and Edward.

The first thing that Peter had done was throw Alex out and give her an axe. "Go chop some wood!"

But it hadn't calmed Alex down. She was absolutely furious. Edward almost gave away their secret with his actions and all for a certain girl that may or may not be his mate.

"I'm going!" Alex yells at her brother as she stomps towards the car.

"Nope." He rushes in front of her and she narrows her eyes at him. "I do not think that that's a good idea. You don't want to go to the hospital where people are bleeding, right when you are having difficulty with blood." She rolls her eyes.

"Only Bella's." She mutters before shoving him to the side and getting in the car.

"Well," he sighs. "That did not go as I had planned." He frowns as Alex starts the car before quickly getting in the passenger seat. "You're not going alone. I want that poor boy to survive."

Alex had called Jasper on the way to find out if Edward still was in the hospital. After not getting a clear enough answer, she quickly dialled Rosalie's number. Someone that they both didn't expect.

"Hello?" Her melodic voice carries through the car.

"Hey Rose, it's Alex." Rosalie sighs.

"You heard."

"Yeah, where is that douchebag?"

"This is not the time." Rosalie mutters and Alex rolls her eyes. "We're still in the hospital."

"I want to get my hand up on-.."

"Wait till we are home." Rosalie quickly says before ending the call.

And that is what they did. They arrived and Esme was terribly nice to them - especially Alex - and made them dinner. The siblings suspected that she just wanted to keep them and herself busy because what Edward did would have consequences if someone had seen him. And Alex knew that someone did. She had a feeling about it.

A car drives up the driveway and Alex immediately runs outside. She didn't want to put on a show about being nice, she wasn't.

"You dumb son of a b-.."

"Alex!" Peter warns as he walks outside after her, mouth half full with the delicious pasta that Esme had made.

"No," she holds up a finger to her brother while she lets Edward get out of the car. She stalks forward and a growl emits from her throat as she slaps him across the face. Vampires couldn't really hurt like humans, but he felt it alright. "Why would You do that? We are in this together right?"

"Alex," Edward frowns as he looks at her. There were only a few times where he could catch glimpses of her mind, of what she was thinking. And here she was, vulnerable. Not knowing that she is showing him memories of when her brother had devoured his blood singers. Edward looks at Peter who didn't know it either. It was a horrible sight. Something that he'd never get out of his memory. "I'm sorry." He simply says and she scoffs.

"Sorry?" Another car comes up on them, probably containing the rest of the siblings as Rosalie stands behind Peter. She had no idea how angry Alex was or how strong. Later she would regret not showing her brother more familiarity. "That's all you have to say?"

"There is nothing I could've done differently." He says with a shrug of the shoulder and his stance slightly falters as he sees the black cover his friend's eyes.

"You could've let her die." Alex says with a sneer. "I trusted you. All of you. I thought we were friends! That we were in this together and than you go and show her what you are?!"

Peter reacts quickly as he notices the shakes that his sister starts to have. Emmett's eyes widen and just like Jasper he runs up to Alex to stop her. They hold her back as she starts shouting profanities and trashing around while the three men hold her back.

Jasper notices her emotions and stops himself from getting enraged as well, rather choosing to soothe them both though it does not work as it usually does. Her head snaps towards him and she growls angrily, making him raise an eyebrow and her face soften. She didn't want to hurt him. She never would.

"Alex." Peter whispers in her ear. The trashing stops for a moment as she looks at her brother. They set her back on her feet but Emmett and Jasper hold their hands closeby, waiting for her to either stop or continue her destructive work.

She glances over to Edward once more and snarls at him before turning towards the woods and changing into a wolf before running off.

"She's a lot stronger than she looks." Emmett says with a chuckle, hoping to ease the tense.

"It's the wolf side that is now activated." Peter replies with a shrug before walking back inside to finish the pasta carbonara.

"I think she overreacted a little bit." Edward says as he sits next to Peter. "We could've just talked about it." Peter slows down his hand and looks at the bronze haired Cullen.

"What did you just say?" Edward raises an eyebrow at Peter. He had suspected for the other sibling to be in his favour because he stayed. He had noticed that Jasper had gone, probably to make sure that Alex was okay.

"That we could've talked about it." Edward furrows his eyebrows as he looks at Peter who lowers the fork with the last bite. Peter shoves the plate back and stands up.

"No before that." Edward stands up as well, ready to defend himself. He knew that Peter wasn't as strong as Alex and he had his siblings in his corner, watching everything closely.

"That she overreacted a bit. She did, she-.."

"I could've easily let her have her way with you, but I wanted to see how it'd play out the other way. I'm kind of sorry now." Peter snarls as at Edward right before walking away from him.