chapter 005

Alex and Peter had decided to speak to the heads of the coven - Carlisle and Esme Cullen - after their talk with the elders of the Quilette tribe.

The Spure siblings and the Quilette's have always been on good terms, due to the fact that they are also able to shift into wolves. They have helped the Quilette warriors understand their changes for hundreds of years and in return they have granted them a place to live and guidance with their shifting and how to live their lives.

For the Cullen's to almost ruin their newfound treaty, it made Alex' anger issues lighten up.

They stood on the edge of their land, waiting for the two Cullen's, hearing their children farther out.

Carlisle and Esme walk towards the clearing and look towards the two with a smile. "Is it okay if we enter?" Esme asks softly and with a smile.

Alex takes in her appearance. Carlisle she had seen before, a few times, but Esme was a new face. She was smaller than Carlisle but they matched perfectly with their height difference. Where Carlisle had a kind yet stern and authoritive face, Esme's face held nothing but kindness, nurture and love for her family. Her body had the same shape of Rosalie and she had a small waist to even out her figure. She was beautiful. Alex could not say anything else about the two. They both were beautiful.

"Of course," Peter says as Alex is starstruck. He knew that his sister sometimes needed a moment if she was in the presence of beautiful people. "Please join us."

The siblings had made a picnic even though they knew that the Cullen's didn't eat. They had put animal blood in a bottle so they could all enjoy some red juice, wine for the siblings and blood for the Cullen's.

The Cullens held a certain grace to them as they walked towards the blanket and Carlisle holds out his hand.

"Carlisle Cullen." He says as he shakes hands with Peter before Alex.

"Peter Spure."

"Alex Spure."

"Esme Cullen."

They all sit down and Alex holds out two cups with blood for them to take. "It's animal blood. I know of your diet." She smiles at them and they take the cups.

"That's very considered of you." Esme smiles at her and takes a sip. "Mountain lion." She says with a chuckle as if she just guessed the right wine. "However did you do this?"

"We have our ways." Peter says with a small chuckle.

After a little while of sitting in the sun and talking to each other about small things - school, work, their houses - Carlisle clears his throat.

"Sam Uley told us, you wanted to meet with us?" Alex nods.

"We heard of your treaty being placed back. We wanted to meet the persons who we would be sharing our place with." Peter says and Alex has a small twinkle in het eye.

"We are a little different from the wolves." She continues, implying other things than they think. "We don't see you as enemies per say, but there are some rules that need to be followed." The couple in front of them nods.

"We thought that it'd be notable that we think the treaty is pretty clear and okay, however, if you want to come unto our land.. that's okay. Please, just don't suddenly appear in our house again." Peter puts his hands on Alex' shoulders. "This one has a small temper problem. Wolf side I guess." He chuckles which makes her roll her eyes.

"We completely understand. We would like it to be the same way." Carlisle nods with a smile. "We have a few with temper problems as well, we know how it goes." He looks at Esme and the siblings know that they are talking about Edward. They can't make out the other or others who they are implying.

"Are there any ground rules that you would like to set up?" Alex asks genuinely. "I know that you must've been thinking about it?"

"Actually, we have." Carlisle smiles at them and looks at his wife.

"We would love for you to come to our house this evening or tomorrow so we can have everyone meet. I think that'll be a good idea. We can also conclude the treaty." Alex looks at Peter, knowing her unease at unfamiliar territory. He also knew that it would be best for everyone to meet under nice circumstances and without the pressure of onlookers. Besides, it'd be better to hold it at their place so Alex can run home if she felt suffocated.

"It's a lovely idea." He looks at his sister and they communicate through their eyes. "Tonight will be fine."

"Oh this will be amazing." Esme chuckles in delight.

"Are there any other ground rules?" Alex smiles at the couple again.

"We would like it if you would tell no one about what we are." Alex smiles sheepishly, having already explained the whole situation to her brother. He had rolled his eyes and told her that he better be there the next time to let everyone keep their cool.

"We would like the same." Everyone starts to laugh before getting up and telling each other the time to be where tonight.