chapter 004

Alex places a box down on the floor and sits down in front of it. She was going to read through some of Peter's diaries. He would never admit to having them, he'd call them 'thought'-books, but she knew better.

She opens the first one and reads about their agreement. She knew it would do no good but she had to read it and their leave to know if this was in fact the last task he had to do.

She turns the page but before she can read the first line, she feels herself being pushed against the wall. She growls at the person in front of her.

"You do not want to do this.. Boy!" She spits as she removes his hands carefully while he keeps all his strength to holding them around her neck. A confused look crosses his face before he is pulled back by his sister.

"We will leave." Alice says while staying in front of Edward in a protective manner.

"You have followed me, broken into my house and decide that you could leave easily." Alex says with a slight chuckle evident in her voice. She walks to the box and places the books back in it. The Cullens softly walk towards the door but she rushes in front of them.

"It is two against one, think this match through." Edward says. The girl starts to laugh.

"You poor thing," she begins as she narrows her eyes at them. "You truly think you will win this little fight." She gives a soft chuckle. "I have been in many fights, this one won't hurt even in the slightest." She snarls at them before charging at them.

The Cullens are thrown out of the house while Alex is held back.

"Go now! And never return." A male voice tells them to which they reply by running away as cowards. "Alex what are you doing?!"

The young woman looks up and sees the familiar dark green eyes with brown flecks thrown in there and she calms down immediately.

"Peter." She sighs and pulls him in a hug, not letting go till she feels completely safe.

"Alex." He mutters in her hair. He lets go of her and grabs her face, looking closely into the blue eyes. "What is happening?" He frowns and she tries to look away. "Tell me." He softly demands.

"I haven't.. Changed.. For a while now." His eyes widen in realisation.

"How long?" She looks at him with a flat expression.

"Since you've gone." He nods. "You?"

"I have.. A few times while I was away." He admits and she smiles softly at him.

***

The young man and young woman walk towards the woods after they have eaten dinner. They stand at the tree line and hold hands before taking a breath and letting go of each other.

In a small amount of time, two large wolves stand in their place. Both grey and white of colour. Their eyes a light shade of silver with either blue or green speckles in them, depending on which wolf you'd look at.

The female wolf stretches before howling and running off. The male wolf following her, knowing her temper and her recklessness.

They run through the forest with their high speed and notices a black wolf, just their height joining them and all the wolves frown at each other before they start snarling.

The female wolf ready to attack the black wolf but the third one intervenes and pushes her to a tree.

After a few moments, Alex appears and Peter also decides to change. The black wolf turns into a man they have learned is Sam Uley.

"Something wrong?" Alex quickly asks him. He had no right to suddenly be on their land. They had made a treaty. Everyone had agreed, the elders of the Quilettes, the Spures, the women of the Quilettes.. everyone. There were circumstances where the treaty could be broken, if there was dire news or if there needed to be help.

Peter walks over and puts his hand on her shoulder, to which she easily calms down. Peter also looks at Sam with a questioning look.

"Billy has send me."

Billy Black. Alex had a soft spot for him and she was immediately on edge for what Sam was going to say.

"What's wrong." Peter holds her back as she is ready to turn and run to the Black's.

"The treaty of old is back in place." Peter let's go of Alex and walks slowly towards Sam with a confused look

"But the new treaty-.."

"Pete," Alex stops him. "It's not us."

The treaty of old was between animal drinking vampires and the Quilette shapeshifters. The treaty that Peter was talking about, is between the Spure siblings and the Quilette shapeshifters. If the old treaty was back on,

"There are vampires in the area?" Peter finally deducts.

"The Cullen's." Alex tells him. "You met two of them already."

"You met them?" Alex nods. "School?"

"And the apothecary." She replies. "They hide well, I don't think they mean any harm." She thinks aloud.

"They're vampires." Peter raises an eyebrow at the man who turns into a black wolf.

"And you're a wolf. We all have our flaws." Sam rolls his eyes at the brother of the two.

"Does this also mean that our treaty is no longer in order?" Alex suddenly asks. Sam looks at her and shrugs. "Come on wolf-man.." she teases. "You can't just be beauty.. there have to be brains." Peter rolls his eyes and Sam laughs.

"We have to talk with the elders. They spoke with the head of the coven as well about all treaties." They start to walk towards Billy Black's house while talking. "We could also use a nice evening of drinking before the boys start turning." Alex groans. She and Peter both had promised to help Sam - only if truly needed - with the shifting of the younger ones.

"Please let there be a lot of alcohol."

**

So my updates are seriously not regular. I write when I like and know what to write when the Twilight books are actually happening, but I can't skip the few years before that so heeeeey here we are.

COMMENT
VOTE

GIVE FEEDBACK?!