chapter 75

Alex' eyes snap towards Aro, pleading for him to let Peter go. Her arms are dragged backwards and she feels the wolf wanting to take over, involuntarily making her look at Caius. He hated wolves due to her, this was their revenge.

Peter's arms start to crack slightly and Alex' eyes widen with fear. "No!" She screams as Peter looks at her with a comforting smile, nothing about this was comforting. Peter screams out as they rip off one of his arms and Alex starts to trash around but they knew her strength, they had counted on it. That's why she needed to drink the human blood. "Let him go!" Half of the sentence turning into a snarl as she looks at the vampires that are holding her brother. It only results in another scream as they tear away one of his legs.

"I'll kill all of you!" She starts to trash around but more vampires of the guard come to the others' aid. They rip of the other arm and she stops kicking and screaming. "Please. Please stop!" She looks over to the three kings. "I'll do anything. Please stop." Tears start rolling down her cheeks as she looks at her brother who is hurting. And even though he is, he tries his best to give a comforting smile to his sister.

"It's okay."

"Pietro." She yells out as they let his body fall and grab his legs.

Alex looks over to Jane and Alec. She wanted either of them to use their power on her. Anything was better than this. If it was feeling pain or if it was feeling numb. If only it took this pain away.

The Cullens were just outside the room, hearing every heartbreaking scream and every tear wrenching plead. Every 'no', every 'I'll kill you all', every 'please don't'. Bella was holding her hands over her mouth at the frightening sounds and Edward tries to shield her ears, he knew exactly what was going on. He was seeing it through hundreds of minds.

He saw Alex. He saw the pain, the restlessness, the hatred. But most importantly he saw the strong woman being completely vulnerable and not being able to do something about the fact that the man in front of her, the man that she held so dear, was being tortured in front of her.

Edward turns his head towards the door, they wanted them to see it. He places his hand over Bella's eyes as the door opens and they see Peter's head being ripped from his body.

Alice shrieks as she sees his limbs being spread across the room but Edward's greatest concern is the woman who is being held down by a dozen vampires.

Alex' cheeks are stained with tears and her eyes are flickering forward from black and bright blue. Her emotions all over the place. He didn't want to read her mind, though he knew he could. He could see her heart breaking as she stumbles slightly and looks at her brother's corpse.

Aro slowly walks towards her, looking intrigued. Alex clenches her jaw and her eyebrows slightly furrow as she looks up at the black haired vampire before her. This was what he wanted. He slowly reaches his palm towards her head and tears pool down her cheeks as she tries to keep her memories for herself but she knew that he needed her emotional state, he wanted her emotional state. Alex closes her eyes and listens to Bella's heartbeat, the one thing making her feel like less of a monster. Aro grabs her head and points it towards Peter's head, prying her eyes open, only to have her choke out in tears. "Now you understand." He says before she screams out in pain as he invades her memories once again.

Alex didn't remember what Aro exactly saw or what they did with the remains of Peter. She didn't know how long she was there or if she killed anyone. She hoped she did.

She couldn't recall that Edward and Alice pleaded with the three kings to take her home with them. That they collected her from the ground, unconcious. Or that they somehow brought her unto a plane, still unconcious.

They had brought her to the Cullen home and had informed Harvey who quickly came to see her and didn't leave her side for the three days that she was unconcious. Carlisle had told both Jasper and Harvey that it could be her body protecting her from the trauma of losing a loved one. He was probably right.

Though Harvey was mourning, he and Jasper had deep and long conversations. About how Peter was and how charismatic he was and how he could always make time for others and how they were going to help Alex get over this enormous loss. They both knew that it wasn't going to be an easy task.

Alex had no recollection of any of this but when she woke up, there was a moment. Just one moment where everything appeared to be normal.

It was eerily silent. The sun shining through the curtains and making her see the dust bits in the air. She heard the birds chirping far away. She could smell something. Home. It smelled like Peter here.

She could hear the Cullens standing still in the other rooms and she saw Harvey and Jasper on her right side. She was layed on the bed that is in Jasper's room and that's when she knew.

"Pietro."