chapter 039

While Peter had gotten a headstart in getting to know more of the Cullens, Alex had only really spoken with Edward and Jasper. But times were changing and Alice had wanted to spend the day helping her organize the house while Peter went and spend the rest of the Christmas holiday with the male siblings of the Cullens. Rosalie had wanted a day for herself but wanted to join if they ever wanted her help again.

Normally Alex and Peter were rather clean persons but the last couple of days were spent with Sam and his pack and their own transformations, making the house muddy and damaged. The Spure siblings had been to tired to do anything about it so they wanted to safe it for later but Jasper had told his family and they wanted to help the siblings. After all, one of them was in a relationship with one of their own.

Alice had awoken both of the Spure siblings after another long night of running around the woods. Both of them hadn't expected her to be there and they certainly didn't expect the big breakfast she had prepared for them and for her to have handled a nice day with the boys for Peter.

Apparently Jasper had told his sister that Alex desperately wanted to clean the house herself due to her having a gameplan for it. The Cullen got that and she made that known when the Spure girl was left at the table and feeling embarrassed at the mess.

"You have to believe me Alice," she says while wrapping her hands around the large mug filled with coffee. "Normally it's clean here." Alice just waves it off and begins doing the dishes. "Oh let me-.."

"Sit!" Alex' eyes widen at the sudden demanding tone. "First you finish your breakfast, than you go outside for a smoke while I join you in the nice weather and after that you're going to get dressed after which you're going to tell me the plan on how to clean here." Alex softly smiles at the wiggling finger that Alice uses to scold her with.

Alex sits outside with her cigarette and Alice joins her to enjoy the little sun there is. "Normally we're really clean."

"I know." Alex looks over to the chirpy Cullen who is leaning back on her arms and looking right at the sun with her sunglasses on.

"We're just-.."

"You really don't have to explain. I love cleaning."

"Well.. for my piece of mind." Alice slowly turns to her. "We could handle it when it was just us and school. But now you're all here and there appear to be a thousand new wolves and we have to turn more often than before vampires were around and it's all just..."

"To much." Alex looks at the Cullen and sees some form of shame.

"I'm going to get dressed."

After throwing on her least favorite clothing and explaining what Alex wanted from Alice, the two were done within a few hours. Alex of course stopped to eat and Alice joined her, finding some fulfillment in the fact that the new girl in the family would like her. Alex would like her as a sister and that was what made Alice tell about the vision she recently had. It was about a girl in Forks that would be Edward's mate. She didn't recognize the girl and neither did Alex, but the latter had some idea whom it might concern.

The house looked like they had just moved in and though they had needed each other more than once to fix something, the cleaning and painting and building things were done. The only thing left for Alex was to finally take an alcoholic beverage and offering Alice the special wine, which she couldn't refuse.

"Sorry for making you turn more." Alex frowns as she hears the Cullen say that.

"What do you mean?"

"Obviously you have to turn more because vampires are around. That's what's happening to the new boys, is it not?" Alex starts to think and remembers that Peter and she had to turn every few days when they were at Volterra. The same thing was happening now.

"I didn't really know until you just told me." Alex admits softly. This was new information for in their hybrid Wikipedia book.

"Well, we are sorry." Alice still says as they sit there in a comfortable silence as drink up whatever they have left in their glass and part by giving a large hug.

It wasn't much later that Peter picked Alex up to get something to eat. It was something they did around Christmas, only eating out. It was some sort of treatment for themselves as their mother couldn't cook very well and they remembered that she would always let someone else make dinner around the winter time.

"Alex!" The female Spure sibling raises her eyebrows as she hears her brother's call.

"What?!"

"It looks amazing!" Alex walks in after him and notices the flowers standing around the room. Daffodils and Irisses. Their favorite flowers. Only Alice would be able to know that after their talk today. Her brother wraps an arm around her. "This is one welcome home." He sighs happily.

They walk into the kitchen but Alex stops once she sees what is on the dinner table. Her brother peers over her shoulder and takes in a shaky breath.

A letter from the Volturi.