chapter 102

"We have a crisis!" Alex raises an eyebrow as Harvey and Peter barge through the doors.

"Well, it's a good day when there is only one crisis." She sighs and takes a sip of her non-alcoholic beverage before making a disgusted face. She was trying to stay of the alcohol for a while, finally being away from the Volturi and all.

"We went to the clothing store on the corner-.."

"Right." Alex nods and gestures for them to go on.

"And we got-.."

"It's midnight. The store is closed." Alex feels a headache starting up.

"Well, okay.." Harvey awkwardly stands beside Peter and continues. "We robbed a clothing store."

"Oh my god." Alex puts her head in her hands and looks towards the two through her fingers. "So what exactly is the crisis?"

"Well, the police started to arrive.." Alex groans inwardly. "And we found that suspicious so we went and snuck out the back.." Alex purses her lips and closes her eyes, waiting for this horrible story to end. "But they were there too and obviously recognised us. So we ran as fast as we could."

"Like humans?" She slowly asks and they give one look towards one another before shaking their heads ashamed. "And what exactly is the crisis?"

"They are having a search party and coming here." Alex glares at Peter as he says this but he just smiles sheepishly at her.

"Well, be gone. I'll try to do something." She walks over to the bourbon and whisky stand before grabbing a bottle and putting it against her lips. There she was, three days without even a drip of alcohol. These boys would be the death of her.

"I see him in you." Emmett says. They sat down on the picnic blanket and Emmett gave a small smile as she placed it on the usual spot. Alex raises an eyebrow as she turns her head to him. "It's true. Not just the usual things that siblings have like noses or hair."

"Yes, because only siblings have noses and hair." Alex agrees and Emmett starts to laugh.

"I mean that your kind of him." Alex raises turns to lay on her side and looks at him. "Or he was you. Potato tomato." He shrugs and Alex chuckles before letting herself fall on her back again. She looks at the sky above them, just a few clouds were there. Enough to make sure that Emmett didn't sparkle.

"I guess that comes with being just us two for so long." She smiles and turns her head to him. "I think that's why he liked that you guys were around. So that he had more guys around." Emmett starts to laugh. "No seriously, he really liked hanging out with you. I think he saw you and Rosalie as the brother and sister that he never got. Other type of sister anyway." Alex sighs. "A gorgeous one at that."

"She is stunning." Emmett agrees before he lays down beside her and looks up to the sky. "He made me promise not to tell you that I knew. About you guys being different."

"He did?"

"Yeah, I think he thought that it would scare you away. I knew it wasn't so, you were meant to be with Jasper after all."

"I guess so." She murmers and starts to think of Pietro again. "I think you'd like Harvey." She looks at him again and he has the biggest smile on his face.

"Oh, I do." He starts to laugh. "When you guys were helping Peter.. sorry, Pietro." He apologises and Alex shrugs. It was different for Emmett, he could say Peter. "He came over a few times. Hit on Rosalie and me." Alex starts to laugh and leans over to grab the bottle with a mixed drink in it. "Told him we were a couple and then he tried to get the three of us together." Alex spits out her sip and starts to laugh heartily.

"Sounds about right."

"He does that a lot?" Alex shakes her head as memories start to flood in.

"The three of us kind of made a game out of the dating pool." Emmett raises an eyebrow. "The one with the best house would win. I won a lot." She smirks and Emmett starts to laugh.

"And what exactly would the person win?"

"Oh anything. A dare or a question. One time.."

Alex starts to trail of in the memories and tells Emmett all about how she made Harvey wear a pink bunny costume while they were going sight seeing one day. About how Pietro had to pick up a girl, only using consonants and the e as a vowel. How she had to take a job at a lawfirm for half a year and actually liked it so halfway Pietro changed it to her having to be a teacher. She hated that.

"I'm sad he's gone." Emmett suddenly says and he looks at Alex. "But he has lived one hell of a life." Alex dryly chuckles and nods.

"He did." She looks down at her hands and starts twiddling her thumbs. "I just wish he could have done more you know? That this wasn't the way he ended up." Emmett nods as he looks at her, listening intently. "I kind of wish that it were me. But I know why they did it, why they didn't kill me." Emmett raises an eyebrow. "I couldn't fully control it back then. The turning. I killed Caius' wife. He hated wolves since then. That's why he took Pietro away from me. I think that if Jasper were there, he would've taken him too." Alex looks down and sighs. "I guess that's what bothers me the most." Emmett suddenly gives her a hug and Alex awkwardly pats his back.

"It's not your fault." He says sincerely and with those words, Alex feels herself fall apart as she starts to cry uncontrollably into his shoulder. Emmett simply holds her, knowing that she didn't need anything more than that.

You guys.. the ending is nearing and I wrote everything already. I hope you guys are ready for the end 😅