chapter 057

There weren't often quiet mornings in the Spure household and to have one on a school morning was even more special. The siblings didn't shout at one another to hurry up, to make coffee for the road.. even waking the other just in time.

Alex was alone and if there were certain things that she disliked, it was being alone. It made her feel anxious, territorial. It happened when the Cullens first arrived and when she had done her last - well not her real last - tour.

Jasper stood outside silently. He was debating whether to come in or not. He knew that she'd like it, but he also felt the jitters she was currently experiencing. He smiles as he hears her hum a song that he recognised as her comfort song. She'd put it on and she would be at ease, almost immediately.

Jasper softly walks in and takes a seat on the kitchen island while waiting for Alex to come down. She does, and snarls and growls until she realises that it is in fact her boyfriend. Her mouth opens a little and her eyebrows furrow.

"Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry ma'am." A small smirk playing on his lips, he knew that she loved his accent. It was something that they had in common. "Are you ready?" She leans past him and grabs an apple before nodding.

"Let's school."

It wasn't often that the couple drove together. But Alex liked the way that he could easily drive backwards off of their road and onto the highway towards Forks and how she could relax in the chair and lean her head on his shoulder while his right elbow rests inbetween them and his right hand softly caresses her cheek. It was an amazing feeling.

"Should we just skip the day?" Jasper raises an eyebrow and looks at the woman next to him.

When his family learnt about the Spures, they were nothing shy of being perfect students. But lately Peter had been skipping classes more and Alex even skipped a few days. There were reasons, but he wondered if he knew the real reasons.

"We could skip halfway?" Alex raises her head and looks at him. "Alice is going hunting with Edward because he is spending the whole day with Bella tomorrow." Alex' mouth falls into an 'o'-shape and she softly nods before looking forward, slowly taking a bite of her apple. "We should go somewhere." Her eyebrows furrow and she looks at him, confusion radiating off of her.

"Why?"

"Well, Bella and Edward are going to be together tomorrow for the whole day. Probably in our woods.." Alex didn't fail to notice that he said our and her heart skipped a happy beat. "And we'll be back early enough for the dance." A smirk lacing his lips.

The dance. Alex' first school dance and probably Jasper's too. Emmett and Rosalie were also going to be there to support Jasper and to enjoy themselves.

"What are you suggesting?"

**

He had planned everything. Well, he didn't exactly expect for her to want to skip the whole day but he made it work. They drove to Seattle to eat at a restaurant that he picked, a small Italian place which had exactly the right types of wine, before heading to the spot that they would stay for the night.

He blindfolded her and softly kisses her nose before starting the drive up to a beautiful spot in the woods, closer to Seattle than Forks.

He had made a small comfortable space for them and he hoped that she'd like it and he couldn't wait to see her reaction, focusing solely on her as he takes off the blindfold.

Alex' eyes flutter slightly before taking in the sight before her.

The clearing was filled with Christmas lights and he had brought his own generator to light them up. A large tent stood in the middle of the clearing and the opening was filled with several beverages and a few of her comfort foods. She could see the warm nest filled with pillows and blankets in the tent and she saw a laptop. She immediately knew that he would watch whatever she wanted if she asked, but she also knew that she would watch whatever he would ask.

"I love you." She whispers as she takes in the sight. She turns around and sees a taken aback Jasper. He had said the words a few times before, but he didn't know how to respond exactly to hearing the words himself. Now he knew how Alex felt.

"Alice helped." He says as he looks her right in the eyes and the Christmas lights flicker in the blue.

"Well, tell Alice that I love her too." The sides of her eyes crinkle as she says this and ease falls over both of them. "If someone did all of this for me, they'd have to know me pretty well." She loved the woods, she loved Christmas lights, she loved the wool and orange blanket that was spread across the nest.

"I mostly thought of it, I think." Her arms wrap around him and Jasper feels himself melt against her.

"Then I love you a bit more than Alice, I think."

"Didn't you want to say it at the dance?" A frown suddenly covering his face. "That would've been perfect."

She scoffs slightly and pulls him towards the laptop. "And here I thought you knew me.. pfft.. perfect."