chapter 059

"Harvey won't come unless it's winter

"Harvey won't come unless it's winter." Alex absentmindedly tells Jasper as they lay on the couch.

"Because...?"

"He likes the weather in Egypt. Peter will come back in a week or so."

"Don't kill the messenger," Edward says as he walks in. "But Billy and Jacob Black are at Bella's house." Alex sits upright and Jasper's hand instinctively moves from around her shoulder to her lower back, letting her know that he's there.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he wanted to tell Charlie." A frown covers Alex' face. This was a hard conversation to have. She held a dear place for Billy but this was going over the line. It wasn't his place to tell. "Oh and we're going to play baseball tonight, wanna make some bets? You better come home." He throws some finger guns at Jasper before leaving the house and Alex purses her lips together as she tries to stop herself from laughing out loud.

"That boy is ridiculous."

"Would you like to come?" Alex raises an eyebrow. "To the baseball game I mean.." he quickly stammers and Alex starts to laugh.

"I would love too. I won't be playing though, it's not fair to any of you." A teasing smile forming on her lips and Jasper chuckles softly in response. "See you there?" He stands up and pecks her lips softly.

"See you there." Alex wraps her arms around him and breathes in his scent, it was something that she couldn't get used to. There was leather, work, metal.. all kinds of things that she loved. Mostly because it was his smell. "I love you." He mutters against her hair and she smiles before leaning back and looking at him.

"I love you too."

**

The baseball game was in full swing when Alex walked towards the open field. She was focusing really hard on not letting Edward read her thoughts or Jasper notice her feelings, she was emotional after all. The betrayal was worse because it came from Billy, the one man that she felt would do her no harm.

Jasper's smile widens as he notices his girlfriend and he winks right before letting the bat meet with the ball, making it fly far away and letting the others follow it suit. Almost as if they were dogs. Alex chuckles at her joke before standing with Esme, nodding awkwardly at Bella. Her scent intoxicating, though it was better now that they were outside.

**

Bella's jaw drops as she tries to follow the young looking woman. Alex' eyes glowing slightly blue out of excitement as she runs around the bases, jumping and getting out of the way of the Cullen siblings who are all trying to make sure that she doesn't make it. But she easily does. A smile of glee appears on her face as she looks around, trying to see where both Edward and Emmett are. They were going after the ball while Rosalie, Alice and Jasper were meant to tackle her and keep her from scoring a home run. They had already decided at the Cullen household.