Chapter four: Bargain and bargain well.

I have never been alone on the streets before. I was in the town called Althalia. We have passed this town once or twice, but I only saw it through the small window of the carriage. But, it was lively even at night. Shops lit up by candles. I was amazed my the smallest of things. A old woman was selling hairpins. They were made of metal. They were nothing compared to what I had back in the castle but I still wanted one. After walking around for  a while, I found a stable. I walked towards the man cleaning horse manure. It stank, the man looked up and saw me. He wiped his hands on his pants and smiled. 

Horse merchant: what brings ya here lady?.

Luna: Hello, I am in need of  a horse.

Horse merchant: Well, as ya can see all this lovely beast here. 

Luna: I cannot give you money, but I can give you this.

  I pulled out the an earring of mine. I was worth more than the horse I knew it. But, for some who doesn't use coins daily options are very limited. His eyes were wide. He knew it too.

Horse merchant:  In exchange of that?. Ya can have my best!

  I walked towards the horse at the very end. She was beautiful. She shined in the candlelight. Her dark mane was something reminded of the horses my father would have  during the fairs. 

Horse merchant: You be careful now miss. The night is cold and dark.

  He was right, I had find a place to sleep. Somewhere warm before I freeze to death. I looked at him, as if he had read my mind. 

Horse merchant: There's a lodge after few shops. If ya are lucky you might find a room for the night.  You will also find a place for ya horse, if ya pay well.

Luna: Thank you. 

  I started to walk towards the lodge. The horse was polite. She followed walked with me without any protest. I whispered to her. 

Luna: What shall I name you?. Or do you already have a name? Hm?.

    I just looked at for a second. I thought maybe she will my new favorite company. I thought of the name Rose. 

Luna: Alright, then we shall you Rose. Do you like it?.

  She only bobbed her head. I smiled at her and ran my hands trough her mane. Within few minutes we were at the lodge. It looked like there was some sort of celebration going on inside. There was a young boy sitting on a old wooden stool, he was wearing a heavy cloak. His cheeks were pink because of the cold. 

Young boy: Do you need something, miss?.

Luna: Yes, I need a room and a place for my horse.

Young boy: No worries,  Simon will take of it.

   He took  my horse in the back, before he left he turned around.

Simon: Go in, miss. Tell the big man in blue that Simon sent you. He will care of you.

Luna: Thank you , Simon.

  As soon as I walked in was welcomed with the strong smell of mead, sweat and god knows what else. I looked around there were people everywhere. Men gambling, women pouring drinks and some passed out on the table. I looked for the man in Blue, it wasn't hard to find him. I saw the man behind the bar. Big and muscular. He had long brown beard and shaven head. I walked to him and he looked at me.

Luna: Hello there. Simon sent me. I need a room for the night.

Bartender: Alright, give me a second. Let me grab the keys. It'll five coins.

  As he walked to the back. I pulled out another piece of jewelry. I grabbed everything I had in the small box on my vanity. I hoped he will take it and not suspect for a thief. Do they even care if I was a lowly thief?. I was holding the ring in my hand.

   " If you want to get robbed, this is a very good idea." I heard a voice that came from the stranger next to me. I looked at him, he was looking at me with curosity.

Luna: I beg your pardon, sir?.

" Do you think giving this man your ring would be a good idea?. He will rob you on the very first chance he gets."

Luna: I can take of myself.

" I am sure you can. I mean you are here. With pocket full of little trinkets."

   He looked at the pouch bound to my waist. 

Luna: It is none of you business. 

" Suit yourself. "

 In my head I knew he was right.  But, these were only things I had.  The man in blue came back and dangled the old iron key in front of my face.  I was about give him the ring when the stranger next to me beat me to it.

" Ten coins. Give us two rooms."

Bartender: Alright.

Luna: I didn't need your money!

" I know, but I do need a room. And, I rather have you next to than any of these men in here."

    After taking his from the bartender he walked towards the wooden stairs. I looked at him. His broad back was pushing through the drunk men on the stairs. I couldn't properly see his face because of his hood. I decided to head upstairs as well. The hallways was dark. I found the room with the red X on it as the man in blue said it. 

   Inside the tiny room there was a small bed, a night table with an oil lamp. And a basin. I took off my cloak and lit the lamp. It was cold for sure, but as long there was a bed and a blanket I could survive. I took off my dress and my corset. I was in my chemise. I was finally under the blankets. I knew in the morning the whole castle will be looking for me. Hopefully, I will be able to on my way before they decide to look for me a princess in a mead house lodge. Maybe, they will think I have been taken by the Nesh soldiers. My thoughts soon were tired as I was and sleep came.