Chapter Seven: My Queen, my princess.

Kahl's POV

   Everything was a mess. I wiped the snow off my brow. I was panting chilly smokes out of my mouth. The Red and White uniformed guards were asking questions everywhere. How could I did not know?. Now Luna was missing or more like she ran away. She has been never been out of the Castle grounds without her guards. Even when she was she was never among the peasant folks. Queen Arabella came to her chambers demanding to open the so she could meet the Duke and his son. I never really cared about the queen's behavior. But, she really did crossed the border this time. She was making Luna marry Danthew. The man was nothing but a drunken, skirt chasing brute. And, not only that, he was way too old for Luna.

   As soon we entered the room, she wasn't there. Only curtain tied to the balcony railing hanging. She knew if she went through the door, I'll be there to stop her. But, for the second time in my life I was regretting my decision to join the king's army. First time was after the death of queen Lucille. I wish I could've told her what her husband the king was up to behind her back. Maybe, she would've been alive if I did. Or even better maybe she could've get rid of him and taken the war matters into her own hands.

  I have been on the front lines. I have seen the blood, the arrows and the smokes. I have walked through the bodies of our own more than any soldiers of Nesh. King Orion was intelligent and excellent at battle strategy. King Herald was lost when it came to battles. Given the fact this was the first battle of his life, first one where he actually participated. I have seen how his mistakes cost so many our own's life. Yet, he never acknowledged it no matter what. He was too busy whoring and drinking. 

   The day Lady Arabella officially moved in the king's tent, his followers, his lords, his soldiers were disgusted so was I . But, my duty was to my kingdom and to the crown. I never had a family of my own. I was an orphan, until one day a woman took pity and brought me to her home. Little did I knew she was the queen of Leucos. I did not let my hatred for the king blind me. This was the home were queen Lucille and Luna lived. I took an oath to protect the royal family. To Protect Leucos, Queen Lucille and Princess Luna. 

    I was walked towards the old woman selling copper jewelry. She looked at me and smiled. I made sure I did not appear threatening. I was dressed in my uniform. I picked up a copper necklace hoping to strike up a conversation as a common buyer. 

Kahl: This is beautiful.

Old Woman: It is, it has caught the eye of quite a few. Just the other day a woman lady wanted to buy it. But, then she didn't. I believe she did not had enough money. But, if she had asked me I would've jus given to her. 

    A young woman. It could be Luna. I looked at her, nodding for her to continue.

Old Woman:  She was bony one. 

Kahl: Do you know where she went?. 

Old Woman: I think I saw her with another woman over at the mead house.

   I thanked her and paid her. I took the necklace and put in my pouch. I started to walk towards the mead house and my men followed me. I walked inside it was like any mead house. Men of all sorts were in it. It stank of cheap mead and burnt meat. I walked to the bar. The man working was lean and hairy. He looked at me asking me what I wanted.

Kahl: There was a woman here. About eighteen. Black hair  and black eyes. Maybe, she paid you in jewels.

    When Luna left her jewelry box was  empty, and nanny Ariel's clothes along with it. This girl was a fool. Doesn't she know, what could happen?. Did she really thought I will let the Queen marry her to Danthew. If it comes to it, I would tie and gag him inside a well. So he can never be found and there will no wedding. 

Bartender: There are lots of woman who come and go here. And, if one of them paid in jewels I would've remember her. My apologies sir. 

    Another dead end. Where was she trying to go?. To her mother's family. Queen Lucille has not seen her family since she got married to King Herald as far I knew. Luna doesn't even know half of them. If not there then where?. Then it dawned on me. She wanted to go inside her mother's chambers. The king told me to tell everyone that the queen was assassinated but I thought it was odd how there was no proof. But, what if Luna found something that could prove otherwise?.

    If she found something, there one person she would go to first. Her father. But, the king was at the border. Suddenly, I felt warm. It was too warm in here. I walked outside and blew air. She was mad. If the spies of Nesh finds her before I do she would be dead or worse kept hostage. I signaled my men to spread out and let the other guards know to search all the possible roads to the border. 

  I already lost my Queen, I will not lose my Princess.