Chapter fifteen: Truth, betrayal and love.

Ever since, I was a little girl. I knew one day I would be Queen. Oneday I would sit on the throne and rule. And, I also thought that that day would be magical and it would be the happiest day of my life. But, fate has plans for all of us. Mother once said, it gives us what we are capable of accepting. But, these past few months makes me question otherwise. From that wretched night to this night in the small house.

My own name sounded so unrecognizable to me. Ferial, Kiri and Angus were just looking at me for what felt like an hour. Angus disappeared in the back from telling us he needed to make more salve, even though he had enough and Kahl was already covered in it. Kiri was just looking back and forth from me to Ferial.

I could not blame her if she hated me for this. I mean, how can I?. Ever since the night I have met them, they have done nothing but helped me. Last night, she saved our lives. But, right now I clinged to the hope that she would forgive me or even talk to me. Kahl fell asleep.

Ferial walked past me every time we were face to face in this tiny room. Angus and Kiri knew better than to say anything. The tension in this room was thick. I wanted to say something. Maybe she would like it or not. But, I needed to speak to her. Before I could say anything she spoke first.

Ferial: So, you are the princess they were saying was missing?.

Luna: Yes.

Ferial: And, now they are saying the princess is marrying the son of some noble.

Luna:I am not. My father and his queen wanted to force me in this marriage. It was the reason I left the palace in the first place.

Ferial: So when we found you in the forest for the first time?.

Luna: I left home. I could not tell you both who I was. I was scared and it was important for me to pass by unnoticed.

Ferial: Hmm. Just so you know. I am not angry.

I almost leaped off the chair. But, I decided not to. I was glad. Ferial looked and Kahl and then to me.

Ferial: What is going on, Your highness?.

Luna: Please, call me Luna.

Ferial: Very well then. What is going on Luna?.

Luna: This war can be stopped.

Angus looked at me wide eyed.

Angus: My goodness, what are you saying?. The king of Leucos had been taxing more and more every month to fund this war.

Kiri: His men are saying it is for our own protection from Nesh.

Luna: This war was not started by the king of Nesh. Trust me, it was started by someone else. The first attack on them was from us not the other way around.

Ferial: Who would do such a thing?.

Luna: I think I know, it was mostly queen Arabella.

Ferial: You step-mother?. Why would she do such a thing?.

Luna: The hunger for power makes you do horrible things.

I tell them everything I can. Queen Arabella's plans with me. And, my father plans with the kingdom. By the time I was finished we already drained down two kettle of lavender tea. Kahl was still sleeping like he has not slept for a thousand years.

Ferial: Who knew the king was this crazy?.

Luna: The new king of Nesh is helping us. But, I need to speak to my nobles and my people.