Chapter twenty one: Dark spells and wicked witches.

Kahl: Savajonne?!.

It has been a few days since Prince Gavrill fell ill and he was still asleep. Healers and the priestesses were no help. But, it was not only Prince Gavrill, over the course of a few days we have had news about the same happening to hundreds of people in both Leucos and Nesh outside the castle walls. It was a matter of time we all fell under the same spell. I know how much Arabella hated losing.

Luna: We have to. There is no way.

Lady Eir: I cannot believe she would forge an alliance with Svajonne!.

Luna: There is no proof she is there or she had forged an alliance. But, after the Duke of Bluehaven took refuge there it is most likely.

Kahl: We all know the Queen of Savajonne hates all the northern and southern kingdoms, we are no different. They loved to be alone.

Luna: I know, this could be our chance to finally have a meeting with her.

Allerick: Savajonne has always been neutral, and the Queen will most likely hand her over to us. They do not want trouble that does not concern them.

Luna: I will go there myself. It is important.

I could see the tension on everyone's face. But, this was important. This was my mess to clean.

Allerick: We both will. We all will.

Ferial: Ofcourse, but Savajonne has not opened its borders to anyone for the last hundred years.

Luna: Well, looks like it is high time they did.

Allerick spent most of his days making Viorica know what to do. She was strong, even when her brother's fate was unknown she still stood tall. Lucien has chosen some of his most trusted guards to accompany us. I thought it was only smart to leave Kiri and Angus back at Leucos. And, also putting nanny Ariel incharge of the royal household.

That night we all started our journey to the West. We all rode in silence most of the time. Savajonne was the furthest kingdom. For the last hundred years it was closed off to foreigners. According to the stories, they were bloodthirsty people, they only knew to rule with an iron fist. Their Queen was the daughter of the late king Kilian, He was a well known brute. And, from what I have heard she was no picnic either. She appapparently inherited all of her father's qualities and mostly her father's love for battle. Queen Selina was not something known for her kindness or at least that is what people say. But, no one knew what goes inside the border walls.

After weeks of journey we were one day away from the border to Svajonne. Allerick mostly remained quiet throughout the whole journey. News from Kiri and Viorica was full of concerns and caution. Our kingdoms are falling into despair. Crops dying, children falling in deep sleep and neve waking up and slowly it is spreading. Arabella was working slowly but still rapidly. As much I wanted to comfort the ones close to my heart I could not bring myself to speak about this situation.

At night Allerick would put his arms around me and I knew he was awake as much as I was. But, neither of us spoke about anything. We only laid there with our eyes closed and our arms around each other. Lucien has been keeping a close eye on his king, Lucien was not much older than Kahl. His face held the remains of the war, his scars remind us of the horror that was faced at the battlefield.

I was lying in the tent, we only packed what was necessary. I could hear the others softly speaking outside. I wanted to rip my hair out and let out a growl of frustration, but what will that acquire?. And, now I was on my way to make a deal with the devil. Arabella was plotting all along, and she had the most important pawn by her side. She knew sooner or later I would find out that the child she carried was not my father's but for me to take the time to confirm that had given her the time to escape. And, the Duke played me so well that even I am ashamed.