Chapter fourteen: Blood, magic and treason.

I was strapping the dagger around my thigh. I knew what needed to be done. Last time I saw my father, it was not a proper conversation. There never will be one. He was not my father anymore he was a monster. I wonder he always was that monster, if he was he hid himself well. I cut of my chemise into a shirt length, and then put on my corset. After banging, and yelling at the guards to open the door, I was tired. But, then I knew sitting here waiting for Allerick and his counsel to come up with something would be a waste of time. 

     We are to be married and co rule soon, and yet he decided himself that keeping me locked would be a good thing to do. I did not believe it will be. I took matters on my own hands. If I have to go to my father and his wicked queen alone to save Kahl, I will. He was my family. Maybe, the only family I have left after today. This has to end, once and for all. It has been going on for too long. I knew queen Arabella's magic was not strong enough to kill. Maybe, it was and she never thought of using it to kill. The people who died on her command were either poisoned or executed. Maybe, there is hope. 

     I tighten the cloak around my neck and pulled the hood up. I went to the balcony and looked at the height. I mean, I climbed down from my bedroom before. It looked like it was about the same height. But, this was not the palace of Heliovana. This palace it packed with nobles, and soldiers. I have to be very careful if I were to sneak out. This was going to be hard. I looked down once more, there were no guards down there. Only grass, covered in snow. I wish I had a horse. Rose. I wonder what happened to her after I was taken from Petrichor. 

      I tried by best not to make too much noise, but it was hard. If it wasn't for the leather gloves my hands would definitely be burned. I could only find small knives in my chambers. I slowly walked towards the main entrance. Along the way, I crouched down so I would not be seen by few nobles and guards. I walked to the stables, it was good that it was snowing. I walked inside, I was careful not to make any noise, I could hear few stable boys in the back talking and laughing. I tip toed to the the white stallion at the far back. I slowly started to take him out of the stables. I decided it was better to try to get out of the servants gate. I walked towards the small gate.  This was too familiar. There was one young guard sitting by the fire next to it. I hoped he did not know who I was. 

     I recited the lines once again in my head but it sounded too stupid. So, another approach then. I tied the horse to a pole before the gate and walked towards the gate.

Luna: Help!, there is an emergency in the stables!.

    I tried to sound as desperate as possible, the soldier jumped to up and started to walk towards me. 

Luna: Help! the king's horse is in need of a healer. 

      He seemed confused, please let it work. He started to walk towards where I was pointing and that is all I needed. I took out my dagger and with the end of my dagger I hit him as hard as possible. Right between his shoulder and his neck. He let out a surprise yelp and fell to the ground, I can thank Kahl for this when I see him. I quickly started to look for his keys. I made sure no one was coming this way. I found the stack of keys. I ran to the gate and started to try them out. After the third key, it finally worked the small gate opened with a creaking noise and I mounted the horse and fled into the cold night.

      By the time the soldier woke up from his little nap, the whole palace will probably know of my disappearance, I hoped it would enough time to get to my father's camp. 

*******************************************************************************************

       I was tired and my legs were numb, it was night and almost time to meet the king, my father. I tied the horse in the forest to a tree. I started to walk towards the camp. I could see the white flags with the red sun. The flag of Leucos, it represented the very name Heliovanna. A kingdom that always shined like the sun. I could see the ash falling from the sky, the burned trees were the sign of what happened here few nights ago. I was spotted by few guards, they looked at me and I stood my ground. They knew me.