Chapter nineteen: A world Apart.

I was sitting at the end of the table. It was made of wood from the southlands. I remember the day this piece of wood was brought in. Carved and polished to be made into a table. It's dark color created a sense of power and mystery according to the royal carpenter. I never understood so much effort for a table. But, then as years passed by I realized the importance of time. How it was necessary for certain things. I understood the meaning of being patient. Right now.

   It has been hours since I have arrived in the war room. And, the members of the council have been no help. Endless arguments and I was getting impatient. I looked at Lady Eir as she continuously argued that closing the borders with Cozen was a good idea, where Kahl argued we sent envoys to Cozen to discuss terms. The duo has been going back and forth for some time now. I saw Ferial sitting in the end seat frowning at them and Allerick was too busy talking to the duke of Blue Heaven. It was time I had enough, I cleared my throat. Everyone stopped and looked at me.

Luna: I think there needs to be some new trade rules. As our new trade minister, Lady Eir will send envoys to Cozen and discuss their trades with Leucos. For the past year, because of the war our trade routes and goods have suffered.

Lady Eir: Your majesty, how is this a good idea?. Cozen is still quiet as they have been for all these years. And, now. They do not even care about one of their own. Their former duchess nonetheless is our prisoner.

Kahl: I agree. This may back and be used against us. Lord chancellor never argued about the excessive taxation of the former king. Which proves that man is good for nothing.

Luna: No. He is waiting for something.

Lady Eir: What could he possibly wait for?.

Luna: I am not sure, but something.

Allerick: It is better to send someone who is experienced in these situations.

Kahl: I can go.

Luna: No. I need you here. You are the general of my army, I cannot lose you.

Lady Eir: True. If this lord chancellor is anything like his mistress. He will probably hang you.

Kahl: And, what if he turns out to be a wet cat?.

Lady Eir: A wet cat, who still has a lot of things to offer.

Kahl: If we wanted we could take over Cozen.

Lady Eir: Maybe, this is exactly why he might hang you.

The Lord Chancellor's neutral response is something of concern. I look at the giant map at the end wall. I looked at the routes. Cozen may be insignificant in many ways. It was also located in a very salient location. It was used as the port. All the merchant ships from the north sea came to the docks of Cozen's capital. It was important we had a stern understanding between our lands.

Luna: I think it is best if you go to Lady Eir.

Lady Eir looked at me and frowned but she still nodded. I respected her as a warrior. But, she was also someone who was very good at seeing things through.

Luna: You can pick who you want to accompany you from this council. And, also Kahl will provide you with some guards as well.

Lady Eir: What should I tell him, your majesty?.

Luna: I will give you a letter that you must only give to him. Tell him it is from the new Queen of Leucos.

Lady Eir: Yes, your majesty.

Kahl: Why cannot I go?.

Lady Eir: Because, when you think there is even a small chance that you can fight. You will not let that go.