Chapter thirteen: The Art of politics.

For the next few days king Orion's castle has been busy. According to our treaty when we overthrow my father and I take the throne, and then a marriage between the heirs of two kingdoms will take place and this peace will hold for as long our lineage continues.  I have never gotten any news from the lord chancellor of Cozen. Maybe, it was because they want to protect their Lady, who was now the queen.

   Even though, my father taught me how to shoot and fight, my taught me diplomacy. She was great at hosting and negotiating terms. I still remember the of my thirteenth birthday, my father took the whole court hunting, and that was the even when I witnessed a queen's diplomacy. She was a natural. I knew that will come for me too. But, I never thought it would come to unexpectedly and so soon.

   I was going through the current locations of my father's soldiers. Kahl was able to provide us with the information we needed. He was good at his job. King Orion's has been sick and confined in his chambers for days. Every one is whispering about what is happening with the king, Viorica and Gavrill are the ones I feel the most grief about. She already lost a parent and now their father's life was hanging by the thread and their kingdom was entering into a war, when there is already a war going on. On top of that I was taking away their brother from them. But, sometimes to do the right things you have to do the things that will make you question yourself and your intentions. 

    I was lost in my own thoughts, I did not notice when Allerick walked in. I looked up at him, slightly surprised by his presence. He was never in my chamber at this late at night. He was dressed in a dark blue tunic. 

Allerick: How is going?. Any news from Cozen?.

Luna: No. I cannot blame them, they would want to protect Arabella.

Allerick: Still surprises me how. 

Luna: No matter what she did she is still their duchess. 

Allerick: Yes, but when you found out about your father you decided to stand up against him.

Luna: I would hardly call it standing up, he is still attacking. Ever since he realized I ran away he has lost his mind. And, now the duke is also bringing his army from Blue Haven. He is pushing north. We are pretty much surrounded.

Allerick: Our borders are hard to breach. You father knows it too. Our allies has always been clever. And, as for you princess. You have done a great job at playing the perfect diplomat.

Luna: Makes it a little tolerable for you I guess, knowing you future queen as some skills.

    He was studying me. We always had different views on things. Allerick was a natural leader, from what I have seen during my stay here. He was appreciated among his men, I wonder if my people will accept me as a leader like his did. Being a ruler was more than just  a old throne and a crown. It was about the power to make a difference among your people. Be one with your subject, share their struggles and help them rise. He seemed to have know what I was thinking.

Allerick: When the truth comes to light, your people will accept you as their queen. Even if it doesn't happen, there are a lot of people who will made sure your story is heard.

Luna: Right now, what means the most is making sure that lord Ban Berry's soldiers arrives at Nesh without any delay. Kahl is spreading the news among the soldiers soon we will have the army of Leucos on our side as well.

Allerick : He is a man of talents I will give him that. He will serve you well.

       I looked at him, hoping to find who knows what. As, always he was excellent at hiding his expressions. There was one thing I was about to do and that is to send word to the my mother's people. I have never been there but I knew I had family. It was a chance to gain more support and hopefully more soldiers.