Chapter twelve: A forgotten realm.

{Queen Arabella's POV}

        Once upon a time, there was a land where magic was common as its air. People laughed, danced, used magic to heal,  create and destroy. It was the heart of this land, it was called Cozen. It was ruled by a young duchess. She was loved and she harbored the powerful magic among them all. 

        But, where is happiness there is sadness. Where there is peace there is war. One day, people of distant further land came to them. Impressed and astonished by their abilities. They wanted what the duchess and her people had. But, with force comes resistance. No matter how much they attacked, killed and tortured the you duchess refused to give up the power of her herself and her people. But, those whose hearts are filled with greed will not stop at any cost. 

         Among them one one man named lord Arcane. He was mysterious, and only understood by few. He knew if the duchess did not give him what he wanted he would take it from her with his wicked plan. One day, the people of the distant lands left in the middle of the night. The young duchess and the her people were perplexed and they built a wall around them to protect themselves. But, no matter how prepared they were, it was not even close the evil plan of lord Arcane. 

        Few years passed, the people of Cozen had moved on. The Duchess married a man she loved dearly. She gave birth to a beautiful daughter. No matter how scared she was of the people who came and left like the wind. She was determined to keep her child and her people safe. But, she soon realized her nightmares were retuning. 

        Lord Arcane brought his allies this time. He tore the walls of Cozen, and his army slaughtered the citizens and the guards of Cozen. No matter how fiercely and adamantly the duchess and her people fought, with every single soul they lost a little bit of their magic. The land that once gave her the power was tired and bruised just like she was. 

        The duchess faced her enemy with dignity. Hoping her child and her husband will live so one day magic can be restored in the land of Cozen. But, they were captured and along with them hope died.

        Lord Arcane, held the small child in his arm as he cut down her parents. He hoped one day he will be the ruler of whole universe. With the child born of magic in her veins, he would rule. But, when the land herself wants justice, it hard to ignore it. As the young child grew up, her magic was only so much. It no longer held the power once her mother's and her people's did. Her father blamed her not trying hard enough, and she kept on pushing herself but it was of no vail.

         As the years passed, the child grew up to be a beautiful young woman, she caught the eye of every young man in her father's court. Among them was an young man, named Aideen. But, she was as stubborn as the man she called father. She wanted the man who would give what she so desperately craved. Power and Freedom. She wanted a prince, she wanted a man how would one day rule. 

        Young Princes Herald was known for his wandering eyes. He known for his line of mistresses. She wanted to the object of his affection, if not that then at least the object of his attention. So this time she used her magic for herself. She used to make a potion to make him fall in love with her. But, fate is sometimes cruel. It was an act between two souls. But, the woman who ended up drinking the potion was a nobody and as the young prince looked at the princess after drinking his potion he fell in love.

        Young Arabella, was robbed of her dream. And, the one who did it was a young daughter of a lowly baron who lived outside the Cozen border. Arabella wanted her fate back. After the wedding of the young prince and his new princess she was angry and devastated. 

         Soon the lifespan of the Duke of Cozen was coming to an end. As Arabella stood above her dying lord. The man who was supposed to be her father. She felt nothing but resentment. Finally, she was free from if prison and she was free to rule Cozen.

          Even after years have passed, her mind still wanted to use her magic to bring back what was robbed of her. After failing for years, she decided it was better  to start an alliance with Leucos. She land was poor, magic barely existed. She needed  a plan. A king's wandering eye  did the trick. She knew her magic would lose its effect within years. And, it was. 

         She seduced the king and made him believed of an unknown and unseen threat. The king was hers, soon the kingdom and if it all worked in her favor both of the kingdoms would be hers. Soon, she would be the most powerful ruler among all. Maybe, she will be even be able to harvest more magic. 

         But, for all that to happened she needed to eliminate two people who stood in her way. Queen Lucille and her daughter Princess Luna. She made sure the the king was under control. He was and he did everything she asked. Even give his own queen the lady of mort. And, now he would do the same. When the young princess weds the son of the duke. Her father would give her a drink. Soon she would join her mother. For everyone else, they would think the young princess did it herself because this wedding was against her will. It would work just  perfectly and for king Orion. His soul only had few more months left on the mortal realm. After him, his young son would be an easy target. He would too meet the fate of the princess and the queen along with all his siblings. 

                              This was about power. My power. My fate. My strength.