Chapter Eight: Welcome to my humble abode.

I was tired. Only two or three days before I was in the border town of Petrichor. At this point the only hope that kept me going was the thought when my father finds out who might have killed my mother he would probably this time man up and end this war. And, hopefully he will stop Queen Arabella.

   I walked through the giant gates of Petrichor. It was almost sundown. I needed shelter and food. It was lively town. People all over, trying to buy and sell all kinds of things. I walking around to find an inn. Finally, I found one. I walked in there but this one was different than the ones I have seen before. There was a an middle aged man sitting at the door wrapped in wool and leather. I walked up to him asked him for a room, he only grunted in response. He gave a piece of paper with advertise horse care as well. I gave him Rose and used some of the coins. I walked up the narrow stairs. I could slightly the laughter and talking of the other guests. I walked to a room with a green leaf drawn on the door. It was tiny room only a single and little table could fit. There was a tiny fire place. Enough to warm up this tiny room, choosing was a luxury I did not had at this moment. I got under the blanket and sighed. My legs were sore. Maybe, since it was so cold I did not came across bandits or robbers much. Except for Ferial and Kiri. If I could call them that. 

   I closed my eyes. My stomach was growling but was much needed than food. I only closed my eyes but the door was kicked opened. I jumped out of my bed, there two men dressed in dark purple uniforms grabbed a me. I was screaming and kicking but it was of no use. They were bigger than I was. There were two more outside. They were dragging me out of the room, down the stairs and then I was outside. I was still screaming and yelling for help. Outside , the people were looking but not helping. I could see the fear in their eyes. The two men put in a carriage and got inside too. I was still trying to push the door open when one of them pulled my hands behind and wrapped something that felt like cold metal around my wrists. 

   After screaming what felt like eternity, I finally lost the strength. The men were wearing heaving metal helmets. I could only see their eyes. Green and Brown. I wanted to ask them who they were but then I frozen in the middle of them. I do not know whether it because I was cold or out of fear. Are they Queen Arabella's men?. They were certainly not of the Duke's. I looked at their uniform, Dark purple. With intricate gold vines allover their capes. I looked at the small crest on their chest. Then it hit me. I knew exactly who they were and who they worked for. The crest was the same one that was on the jade ring. These were the men who worked for the House of Hellion. Soldiers of Nesh, Loyal to King Orion. 

    Suddenly I was sweating. Who did they knew who I was?. Did they followed me there?. Or else who will they know who I was?. Was I being taken as a hostage?. There were only two ways this could go. I could be killed or held a hostage, in exchange of  my kingdom my throne. I looked through the window. What ever view it provided, the curtain made it hard. I could see trees, maybe we were passing through a forest. My feet were cold and they felt like icicles. 

   I did not realize I fell asleep. I was awoken the sudden stop of the carriage.  One of the guards got out of the carriage and held the door for me. I was afraid of what fate awaited me. The other guard cleared his throat, he was telling me to hurry up. 

  I got out of the carriage. We were in the middle of a forest. Trees everywhere. I looked ahead, there were at least a dozen soldiers.  I started to walk behind the huge guard. Walking barefoot on cold, wet and muddy grounds was not delightful. I kept walking, we passed many men and women, some dressed in uniforms and some in expensive clothes. Colorful tents, the bonfire was burning. The guards led me to a big tent. It was a red tent. As soon I walked in I was amazed. It was fit for royalty. There was a wooden framed bed. Tables and the floor was covered in velvet carpets. I was expecting the King but I was wrong.