12.

The morning was better than I had expected. Regardless of all the negative that had happened yesterday I was feeling good. I hadn’t been on a date for years.

The only man I dated- I ended up marrying and having kids with him. I decided to let my hair down, a little wavetech was all I put in with a little leave in conditioner. As it air dried I could see the curls forming as I did my makeup. My curls were more defined and moisturised. Applying some clear gloss, I walked into my closet.

I wanted something to add on over my cream turtle neck and black skinny jeans. The bright blazer catches my attention making me smile to myself.

The notification on my phone gets my attention. It’s a missed call from Jerome. A smile creeps onto my face. I move to my bedroom to find a car outside. I grab my bag and both shoe options and move out. My phone rings as I am turning on my home alarm system.

Barefoot I walk out towards him. Its humorous as I am walking on my tippy toes trying not to get my feet dirty. 

He moves out the way letting me get into the car. He gets in slowly looking at me weirdly. I flush in embarrassment, I put my belongings down.

“You didn’t tell me what we are doing so I brought two shoe options.” I spoke defensively.

He puts his hands up in almost a ‘no judgement’ way. “I say wear the hills but it’s good that you carried flats for after.”

“What are we doing?” I try to move my curls out of my way as I tie the shoes. My hair keeps falling annoying me.

A cold pair of hands joins the struggle; he helps me into my hills. I watch as his cold hands delicately tie up my other shoe.

When he moves to his seat I take the time to admire him. He looks different wearing just a t-shirt and jeans. He looks great in suits but seeing him in what he probably wears day to day feels special. The shirt slightly clings to his muscles. “You look handsome.” I speak buttoning my blazer, I didn’t want to see his face when I said it.

The familiar cold hand made its way onto my face. He lifted my face to meet his. “Thank you. I put a lot of effort into it. There is this girl I was trying to impress.”

I moved out of his hands and sat back into my seat. “Well I don’t know about her but I think you look pretty good.”

The car jerked abruptly-cutting him off- and started spinning. The pain radiated through my body making me hold my head in my hands. I turn to look at Jerome with blood coming from his head. The ringing in my ear only gets louder. I can hardly hear myself calling out his name in panic. I wonder If the driver is okay? I don’t have enough strength to pick up my body to check.

I could feel myself loosing consciousness. No matter how much I tried to stay awake I could feel myself loosing consciousness. I am never going on a date ever again.