20

S A H A R A

“It wasn’t me.”
“It wasn’t me.”
“It wasn’t me.”
“It wasn’t me.”

Revenge is bitter, not as sweet as I thought it would be. His face was covered in blood and tears as he cowered in the basement.

The reacquiring memories of myself covered in tears cradling my baby bump made my skin pale. The pain this man was feeling did nothing to subdue mine. His pain just made mine worse. His tears just fuelled my anger.

“Stop it! Stop the whining. I went through unbearable pain for years. You don’t deserve to cry. I am only going to ask you once Jason. You see that man over there. He will kill you, I swear that if you lie to me your disgusting existence will end here.” I was now crouching down to his level.

“Why did you try to kidnap my son?” I send a kick to his ribs. "Why?"

“What would I want from your bastard son? Huh Sahara baby?” He spits out blood onto my shoes as he sits up. Knox was behind him fuming, he kicked Jason to my feet.

I blew in laughter. “Bastard son? My son is not the bastard. The bastard is the father. You’re the bastard Jason. You will never experience the love he brings you sc-.”

“Sahara. Knox. We have a problem!” Leo, Knox’s right hand stressed. We both moved in his direction.

“Wait.” He coughed holding my foot. “Is he really my son?” He asked with his head lowered. With my teeth clenched I moved my foot out of his grasp turning and walking away. I spun on my heel to look at him. “Biologically, yes.”

“Someone kidnapped Liam.The team that was watching him has gone ghost. I have sent some more men but they haven’t arrived as of yet."

“He was at Linda’s house like you ordered. And someone seemed to come in through the backdoor.” He continued.

My heart stopped. “Who?”

“I am sorry Sahara we don’t know. Whomever took Liam also managed to take Linda too.”

A thought filtered to me.“Trackers.”
-
The rush to Jerome’s house stealthy. The men followed behind in their cars. Jerome was in the back with me. Knox was driving the car. I thought Jason was the barer of my problems.

I punched in the code quickly going to the tracking app. By the grace of god the tracker was still activated. “They seem to be in a warehouse on the outskirts of the city.” Knox took a picture sending it out.
I stared at the screen dumbfounded as they talked. “This might be trap. “Knox muttered to Jerome. “Doesn’t matter, we still need to go.”

“Kill him.” The two men in the room turned to look at me. “Once he sighs the property papers and such I want you to kill him.” They shared a look before moving to the bed where I sat.

“You are just-”

“I am just what! Being nice has never got me anywhere.”

“He made me loose two kids. He ruined me. I went through psychological abuse because of him. He kicked me out in the middle of the night. I was almost raped. He stole from me, stole my dignity. He deserves to die.”

The door opened with one of the men entering with a monitor. “Sir. Leo has made it to the location. Communication is up.”

-

We found the both of them in a warehouse tied together on a chair. The place was absolutely deserted. I watched through the monitor as the men moved in. They carried both Liam and Linda in hand. “There is a letter here." Leo spoke.

“You will never be happy Sahara.” The letter read. Jerome turned off the monitor. “Sahara we have to meet the guys at the hospital.”

The drive was silent. Neither Knox nor Jerome knew what to say to me. Somewhere out there someone wants to hurt me. they want to hurt my son. No one but our crew knew he was with Linda. It wasn’t Jason or his wife. Someone next to me is a traitor.

I looked to the two men next to me. Can I trust them? I need to leave. I need to take my son and leave. Its not safe for him here. I need to protect my baby.

*****
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow.
And share.

I have never had more difficulty writing in my life.