27

“I always thought I was hard to love till you made it seem so easy.”

S A H A R A

The work days seemed to the slowest and worst parts of my day.  Business had been so fulfilling before. Spending hours upon hours in papers was something I had enjoyed at one point. The reality of it was that it wasn’t the same anymore, I wasn’t the same anymore.

The most beautiful time of my day was going to the apartment, to Jerome. To the person who makes me want to fight.

A nagging feeling was gnawing at me. I wanted to ignore it. I wanted pretend it was normal but I knew something was up.

Linda has been acting more than odd. The woman I had left was no longer the woman here. The lack of talking had definitely put a strain on our relationship. I release a sigh and plant a smile on my lips. I ring the doorbell and take a step back. It takes a few moments before I hear footsteps coming towards the door.

The door is opened by Ken. A look of surprise adorns his face. “Sahara. Oh my Sahara. I have not seen you in the longest”

The interaction is tense and odd. “Linda is in the bed room. She- she isn’t…” A sigh leaves him mouth.

In the quiet house I could hear cries. I could hear gut wrenching cries. In their room. My feet moved to it on its own. The sight was destroying. The woman who kept calm in all situations. Before I could comprehend anything I was barefoot in bed with her. I held her sobbing self. I didn’t dare ask what was going on. I just held her. I let her cry on me.

Eventually her cries die out. When she is asleep I place her head on the pillow. I grab the food I dropped on the floor and exit the bed room quietly.
My feet carry me to the living room where Ken is sat looking at an art piece, the tv that was on was just playing as background music. “I didn’t take you as a person who watched Housewives.”

It breaks him away from his trance. He glances at me before he watches the show. The room is filled with silence yet again.

“What happened?”

Ken grabs the remote and turns off the tv. “We were expecting a baby and we lost it. Again.”

I was focused on me and myself. Turns out Linda was going through a horrible time. she discovered she had endometriosis.  She had had painful periods all her life. She had grown to think it normal, turns out she had Endometriosis, this interfered many ways in her pregnancy.

“She isn’t okay Sahara. I want to help; I want to fix everything for her." The tears roll down his eyes

“It’s either she is crying or she is okay. One moment she is showering me with love and helping with the business the next she is angry and wants to do nothing near me. By Monday morning she is ‘fine’ and is back to being a version of normal.”

*****
Please vote. Comment and all that mushy stufff♡. Be safe.