15.

J E R O M E

“So you are telling me someone deliberately tried to kill her?”

The burly man nodded handing me the report. “We tried tracking the car but it is missing. I am sorry Mr. King I have to go excuse me.” The detective cut off the call leaving me to seethe on my own.

There is only one person in Sahara’s life so devious they would try to kill her. Sahara did not get the chance to tell me the plan. I had been against going after this guy, I was able to keep my hands out of dirty dealings my whole career yet this guy was tempting me to ruin it all.

I dial the number I never thought I would ever talk to again. “Tyrone, brother. I need your help. There is someone I need you to hack into.”

-
Liam had a play today. One both myself, Sahara and Thomas had to watch. “Sahara, hurry up. We are waiting, we can’t be late.”

I was dressed in some dark jeans and a white button up. As I grabbed my phone I turned to the clicking of heals. Sahara was wearing an all-white outfit with her hair down in their natural luscious curls.

“You look astounding Miss. West.” I spoke taking in the sight of the goddess in front of me,

Her mouth curved into a smile and she struck a pose. “Thank you. I feel astounding.” She giggled out.

The ride to the school was uneventful with both myself and Sahara peering off our windows.  The body guards I had hired were driving behind us in a similar car. Once we had arrived I held open the door for Sahara and took her hand into mine to help her out of the car in the ridiculously high hills. As I moved to pull my hand back she resisted. Her warm hands melted in my own as we walked into the building.

The teachers ushered us theatre room.  Hand in hand we walked in silence ignoring the looks from the other parents. Sahara pulled me by our connected hands to the front row. We found available seats and got settled in with myself siting in-between Thomas and Sahara.

Throughout the play Sahara would scream out Liam’s name clapping and cheering him on. At one point she even asked for my phone so she could take a video of Liam in his Peter Pan outfit. An hour later of mediocre acting the play ended with the whole cast singing with the teachers. The principal came out to the teachers flowers to thank them for their dedication.

The kids were released making Liam race toward us. Sahara rushed to his side giving him kisses. We praised peter pan and made our way to the car with him enjoying my piggyback ride. It was fun to play house. We headed to the ice cream parlour where we spent most of the evening till closing time laughing.

I laid Liam on his bed gently covering him up. Sahara moved with me out of his room turning on his night lamp. We made our way to the living room. “Can I ask something?” Sahara spoke jumping on the couch putting her feet up.

“sure thing.” I moved sitting on the love seat.

“Can I sleep with you tonight? I think I’m ready for everything to get back to normal. I don’t think I can have sex with you yet but we can start slow.” she spoke her voice low.

I didn’t know what to say. The guilt was growing. “I am willing to wait; you don’t have to pressure yourself.”

“I get why I liked you.” she smiled. “come on.” She leads me to my room. She removed her night cover getting into the bed. “come on.”

I moved slowly into bed staying on the far left. She turned cuddling into my side leaving me speechless. “Goodnight.”

Goodnight Sahara.

****
Please
Vote.
Comment.
Follow and Share.