one

Sapphire Westlock"I know baby, I'll miss you too" my mom says as she hugs me goodbye

Sapphire Westlock
"I know baby, I'll miss you too" my mom says as she hugs me goodbye. She sniffles and breaks the hug, taking one more look at me before retreating back into her room.

My mom was always an actor, with everything she did. It was almost compulsive, her hiding her actually feelings. Because in reality, my mom hated me.

I turn towards her manager, Ray, the one we were putting this facade up for. "You ready?" he asks, picking up my suitcases. "Yeah. Let's just go" I respond and walk into the SUV.

I was moving in with my dad, finally. When my parents got their divorce, my mom stashed me away in the luxury hills of Los Angelos.

My dad was born in Atlanta, so he moved back and started to rebuild his life, without me or my mother.

"Sapphire" Ray calls out, snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah? Sorry, I was just zoned out" I say looking around. "We're here. You're gate G-56" he says and hands me my ticket.

I quickly get out and grab my two bags from the trunk before rushing into LAX.

Hours later, the plane lands at Hartsfield National Airport. I get my bags and head out to the exit before waiting for my dad.

It was late August, so a lot of people were coming off their summer breaks. It was crowded. I've never been particularly fond of crowds, due to the fact that bright lights and mounds of people would form around my mother wherever she would go.

"Sapphire!" I hear my name being called and I look around until I see my dad. He was short and fit, decked out in everything Nike. "Dad!" I run up to him and give him a quick hug.

"How was your flight?" he asks, putting my bags into his BMW. "It was good. I'm tired though" I yawn and look at the clock. 9:28 PM. "Yeah let's get you home" he says and starts the car.

"So my co-worker, Florence has a daughter that I'd like you to meet" my dad says and I nod. "Okay. Am I going to school with her?" I ask and this time, my dad nods. "Yeah. I already enrolled you into the same high school as her" he responds and pulls up to a townhouse complex.

Surprisingly, this is only my second time being in Georgia. My first being for a family reunion years ago. "I didn't know what to do with your room so I just put some lights in there. We can always go to IKEA or something if you need anything" he says and walks into one of the townhouses with my bags.

I walk in behind him, my eyes racing around my new home. "This is really nice Dad" I say and sit down on the stool that was in the kitchen. "Thank you baby. Let me show you your room" he motions me up the stairs and I follow him until he stops at one of the doors on the second floor.