twenty eight

Sapphire Westlock

Sapphire Westlock

"Bro you like him huh" I shake my head at Destiny. She had just told me that her and Saed had been hanging out since my birthday.

"I don't know forreal. Cause I still like Marcel" she shrugs. "Girl bye. Leave that nigga. You seen what happened at Jade's party last week?" I ask, packing Nile's baby bag.

"No I had a fever. What happened?" Des asks. "Tell me why he was hugged up with another bitch in the back of the party" I shake my head.

"Oh yeah... I heard about that" she puts her head down. "Whatchu mean you heard about it? You heard about it and still haven't left Marcel?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's more complicated than that" Destiny shrugs. "Des... he hittin you?" I ask, remembering the bruises I saw on her arm the other day.

"Um... no" she stutters and a tear goes down her face. "Destiny come here" I hug her as she cries into my shoulder.

"You- you can't tell Jah. I didn't want to tell you because I don't want you to have to lie to him. You can't tell him Sapphire" she cries.

"It's okay, Destiny. I won't tell Jah" I promise and she nods. "I'm sorry Sapphire. I don't want you to have to keep anything from him" she sniffles and scoots across the bed.

"I should go" she says, grabbing her purse. "Where are you going? I though we were going to your house together?" I ask and Des shrugs.

"On a drive. I'll see you later. Love you" she walks out the door.

'Jahbari 🕺🏾is calling you'

"Hello" I answer the call. "Wassup. When you coming over? I miss you" he says and I smile. "Right now if you want me to. Destiny left to go run some errands" I say, putting Nile on my bed.

"Oh ight. Where you been though I'an seen you inna while" he asks as I pack my bag. "At home. I had a cold" I shrug.

"Ight. You want me to pick you up" he props the camera up and licks his lips. "That's okay" I shake my head.

"Aye where y'all at" Marcel snatches the phone from Jah. "Des went to go run a few errands so she'll be over there soon" I roll my eyes. "Ight. Where she at" he asks.

"Why you need to know if I just told you she mindin her business" I snap back and Marcel mugs me. "Tuh. Getcho girl Jah" he scoffs, tossing the phone back to Jah.

"I'm on my way" I hang up the phone. "Nile? Where are you" I ask, looking over and seeing him not on the bed where I left him.

I hear little giggles coming from my closet and smile, opening it up. He was in there, covering his eyes and laughing.

"Oh my gosh! Where is Nile?" I exclaim, looking around. He laughs again before jumping into my arms. "There you are you silly boy" I laugh, putting him on my hip.