two

Sapphire Westlock"Whatchu want to eat ma" Jah asks, turning the key to the ignition

Sapphire Westlock
"Whatchu want to eat ma" Jah asks, turning the key to the ignition. "I don't care" I shrug. "Ight I'a take you to my favorite place" he says and starts driving.

"Where you from" Jah asks me. "Inglewood" I respond dryly. "How 'bout you?" I look over at him and he quickly glances at me. "New York" he responds and looks towards me again.

"I got sum on my face?" I ask, wiping my cheek. "Naw" he answers and turns back. We park downtown, in a parking garage. "Where you taking me" I ask, getting out of the car.

"Don't worry 'bout it" he says and locks the car. "Nigga if you leading me to my demise Imma be mad" I say, following close behind him.

"Good thing I won't have to hear yo' mouth if I kill you right na. Come on" he motions me forward and run up closer to him. "You think you funny?" I ask while trying to keep a straight face.

"I actually do. Thank you" he says and lets out a laugh. We stop at a little run-down restaurant called 'Janice's Soul Food'. "Hey Janice" Jah says, kissing a woman that looks to be in her mid 50's on the cheek.

"Hey baby. Whatchu want to eat" she asks, going back across the counter. "Shit I don't know. Whatchu want Sapphire?" he asks, turning back to me.

"Uh. Lemme get a seafood boil. We can share" I smile at him. "Oh bet. Lemme get that" he nods at her. "Okay. I'll text you when it's ready" Janice says and goes into the kitchen.

"Ight let's dip" Jah says and walks towards the door. "Dip where" I ask, not leaving the restaurant. "Girl, c'mon. I'a send Diamonté to come get it in a hour. Finna be a while" he says and walks out the restaurant.

"Are you going to the back to school party?" I ask Jah once we get back in the car. "Ion know. Might go hit a lick instead" he says and starts the car.

"Are you going?" he glances over at me. I'm on my phone but I still see his eyes on me. "Yeah. You should go it'll be fun" I say, still keeping my eyes on my phone.

"Yeah okay. I'll think about it" is all he says the entire car ride back.

"Skylar?" I call out, coming into the house. "Whaddup" Diamonté says, coming out of the hallway. Jah crashes on the couch and puts his foot up. "Where's Skylar" I ask, sitting next to Jah.

He scoots away discreetly, causing my face to frown slightly. "She dead sleep" Diamonté responds and winks at me. "Such a perv" I laugh under my breath.

Jah's phone rings and he places his hand on my hip and leans over to grab it from his pocket. "My bad jit" he says and answers the phone. Diamonté smirks at me and I roll my eyes, going back on my phone.