three

Sapphire Westlock *one week later*

Sapphire Westlock
*one week later*

"Sapphire!" I hear my dad call me. I throw my body up from my bed and look around for him. "Yes Dad?" I yell. He doesn't answer so I get out of bed and go downstairs.

"Good morning baby" he smiles at me with his coffee in one hand and his keys in the other. "Good morning Dad" my voice cracks and I sit on one of the barstools surrounding the counter. "Excited for the first day?" he asks with a smile on his face.

"Yup. I already know some people there so it shouldn't be too awkward" I laugh and my dad nods. He checks his watch and kisses my forehead.

"I've got to go, but dinner tonight. Tell me how it goes. Love you" he says, walking towards the door. "Love you too" I respond and make some coffee.

I get ready, putting on a blue Nike windbreaker, some distressed jeans, and my air forces. I finish it off with a lot of jewelry. There's a knock on the door and I open it to reveal Teyanna.

"Guess who got their keys back" she gushes and I laugh. I've been hanging with Destiny and Teyanna a couple times the past week. We already made the plans to show up to school together.

"Where's Des?" I ask, when I get into her car. "We gotta pick ha up" she waves down, dismissing me. "Play some heat" Teyanna says, handing me the aux.

"Nah, it's too early for that" I say and play 'OPEN UP' by Daniel Caesar. "This is why no one gives you the aux" Teyanna laughs and I laugh with her.

We pull up at Des and Jah's crib and they both come out the door. "You could've told me Jah was coming" I say and discreetly fix my hair.

Me and him had been texting a lot, but only saw each other when I went to hangout with Destiny.

"Hey bitches" Destiny smiles, getting in the car. The song changes to 'I'll Kill You' by Summer Walker. "This is my shit hol' up" Teyanna says and turns it up.

Jah gets in the car and slunks down. "Hey" I nod at him and he looks at me with bloodshot eyes. "You're crazy" I laugh and he laughs too.

We park in the back of the school and pile out of the car. "You look good" Jah mumbles. "Thanks. You do too" I nod. Destiny and Teyanna go inside the school while me and Jah walk slowly behind them.

"Lemme see yo' schedule" Jah says and snatches it from my hand. I snatch his and read over it until I find something at the top. "Jahbari?" I question and his face flushes.

"You better not start calling me by my government. That shit ain't cute" he says. "Okay Jahbari" I laugh and run towards the field.