twenty three

Sapphire Westlock

Sapphire Westlock

"Wake up hoe" Des shakes me. "Seriously. Get the fuck out. Now" I say, not even opening my eyes.

"Where's Nile. I need to feed him before I leave" I say, sitting up in bed. "In his room with his father. I think they reading a book" Destiny answers picking out an outfit for me.

"Jah is here?" I ask. "Yup. He the one who thought you wasn't gone wake up so we should pull up on you. He was right" she rolls her eyes and I roll them back.

"Math test. Go get ready. Now" Jah reminds me when I walk in. "We get ittt goddamn" I sulk to my bathroom to get ready.

"Aye best we gotta go right na" Destiny says after a couple minutes, banging on the bathroom door. I come out fully dressed with a little makeup on.

"Let's go if we going. Hate this damn school" I mumble the last part so Jah doesn't hear me. He really cares about school ever since he got out.

"Let's go bae" Jah holds his hand out to me and I take it, following him down the stairs. "Hol on what happened with you and mister New York City" I ask Destiny, smirking.

"Tuhhh he cool. He was kissin on me whatever, whatever" she shrugs, a smile on her face.

"Nigga what? Marcel was kissin on yo lil ass? Da fuccc" Jah asks, turning around to face Des who was behind us.

"Boy! I'm the same age as you stop with that bullshit. For real" Destiny shakes her head, not letting her smile fade. "Des he a senior" Jah says.

"Whattt" I gasp. "Tuh. Age ain't nun but a number" Destiny sticks her tongue out, getting in the backseat of Jah's car.

"Not that" I laugh, getting in the car too. We end up at school ten minutes later. "Wassuh" Marcel says, coming up to Destiny and giving her a hug.

"Why this nigga always where we at bruh" Jah complains, seeing Zion staring at us by his locker.

"Just ignore him. He ain't doin nun to us. You okay today? What's goin on" I ask, moving his face towards mine.

"Nun. Aye watch out" he says, looking forwards. I turn around and see Zion heading towards Des and Marcel.

"Aye back up off my sister" he says, pushing Zion back. "Ghee if we got problems we could take this outside easy" Kadeem chimes in.

"Y'all niggas lettin ha hoe like dis?" Zion says, pointing to her and Marcel holding hands.

"Nigga she is not yo bitch no mo. And you should be talking bout ho'n when you was fuckin on another bitch while y'all was together. You look dumb. Move along" Jah explains, pushing him out of the way.

"Y'all niggas triflin'" Zion says, about to swing on Des. Marcel grabs his hand, pushing it behind his back.

Jah squares up but I pull him back towards me. "It's not worth it. You know you gotta keep ya record clean. C'mon" I whisper.