19

Author's POV

It was late evening and Natasha was sitting on the floor, her back resting against the door. She had spent all morning sitting on her bed, her puffy eyes were red and dark circles had already started to form underneath them. She'd skipped breakfast and refused to join the others for lunch and planed to do the same for the entire day but Clint had called her too many times, telling her the kids wanted to spend time with their auntie and she had finally gave in a few minutes ago. But as she had reached her door, she had heard voices from the hallway and had cracked her door open to see who it was. To her surprise, or better said, disappointment, she had seen Steve standing in front of his door with Sharon next to him, holding a carry on in one hand as he held the door open for Sharon to enter the room. Natasha had felt her heart tightening in her chest. She closed the door and leaned against it as she collapsed on the floor, hugging her knees. 

This, this thing, this person, this whatever it was was nothing like Steve. 

Steve was caring, he wouldn't hurt someone this easily, he wouldn't move on over one single night. He would fight to get her back, wouldn't he? 

"So much for not sharing." Natasha mumbled as she rested her head on her knees. Not knowing how long she had spent there, she was startled when there came a knock on the door. Hesitantly, she got up to her feet and cracked the door open.

 "You look awful, you know?".

 Natasha sighed as she stepped aside, letting Clint walk in.

 "So, I'm guessing you dropped the bomb last night, huh?" He asked as he walked to her bed and sat on its edge.

 "It wasn't much of a bomb. He seems eager enough to walk away to her." She huffed.

 Clint gave her a confused glare "Her?".

 "Sharon." She sighed as she sat next to her. 

"That doesn't really sound like cap." 

"I thought so too, but I saw him carry her stuff to his room." A sad smile spread through her face. "He knew I wasn't worth it." 

Clint frowned at her words and opened his mouth to protest but she beat him to it "I don't need pity nor comfort. I just need to get my mind of him, just like I did after Bruce!" 

Clint kept silent.

 "So, let's just get me to your kids." 

He nodded and she grabbed a red sundress and a change of underwear  before stepping to her bathroom to wash up. Half an hour later, they were in the elevator headed down. Clint told her everyone was by the beach, enjoying the perfect weather and water. As they reached the pool, Natasha couldn't help herself but search around for Steve, a deep fear of him being with Sharon clutching her heart, thankfully she found Sharon to be relaxing on the lounges next to the girls and Steve was no where to be found. She sighed, following Clint to where Laura was wrapping a towel around a speedo wearing wet Cooper who screamed with excitement as he saw Natasha "Auntie Nat! You missed swimming!" Making her smile.

 "Oh did I? I'll join you guys tomorrow" she winked at him as she laid back on the son lounger next to them. Lila was sitting next to her mother but she seemed to tired and sleepy to notice Natasha's presence. All the girls had gone for a short swim but as the guys had decided to show off their swimming skills and things had started to get out of control, they'd rather spend their afternoon relaxing on the lounges. Clint scooped up Lila and walked Cooper back to the hotel as he couldn't stop sneezing.

Natasha laid on the lounge in silence, on one side were Laura and Pepper, the other Wanda, Maria and Sharon. She was frustrated with Steve just walking away from her. She knew she was the one who had asked for it and she wouldn't have backed down if he asked her to change her mind, but deep down, some part of her wanted him to try to talk her out of it, reassure her she meant more to him, she wasn't what Sharon had said.